[FRC Blog] Dallas Regional Final Match

Posted on the FRC Blog, 3/2/15: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/blog-dallas-regional-final-match

Dallas Regional Final Match

**Blog Date: **Monday, March 2, 2015 - 08:35

Some of you are aware that two robots participating in the final match at the Dallas Regional were disabled before the match began, and that has generated controversy. We are currently gathering information from folks directly involved in the situation. I will have more to share once the facts are in. I am not pre-judging this particular situation, but at our events we want to ensure all participants are being treated courteously and fairly in accordance with the rules.

Frank

+1

This is such a far cry from how FIRST used to be. Can’t stress enough how thankful I am for Frank and the openness he has created.

Thank you!

As FIRST grows larger and larger I can only imagine the difficulties endured to try getting all GDC members, Regional Directors, lead volunteers, volunteers as close to on the same page as possible. It is certainly nice to have a leader who strives for transparency and, to the best of his ability by all accounts, righting injustices experienced by teams when an individual’s poor judgement comes into play. Not saying that’s definitely what happened here, but the fact that they are thoroughly looking into it is good to know.