Last year, a team of FIRST supporters worked together to assemble a suite of ways that teams could virtually experience Planet Primus. I’m happy to announce that the team is back, and excited about making a virtual 2020 field accessible too.
The suite of assets included videos, mobile tools, VR headset applications, desktop content (digital and literal – there was a 3D printable field too!), and simulations. You can peruse all the details on the Playing Field webpage, but the list below will give you a general sense of these goodies:
- Synthesis, a robotics simulator built for FRC teams
- Dust off the cardboard viewer in the Kickoff Kit last year to see any of the mobile phone apps in an immersive way.
- 360 field views and hot spot tours using Visualize on a computer and/or mobile device
- point to point dimensioning using eDrawings on a computer and/or mobile device
- HTC Vive/Oculus Rift experience
The developers strongly encourage you to spend some time getting acquainted with the different hardware and platforms (depending on what’s accessible to you) this fall so that come Kickoff, all you need to do is update the content and you’re off and
runningsafely walking around the INFINITE RECHARGE (SM) field.
Last and certainly not least, a great big thank you to the developer team. This wouldn’t happen without your help.
Enjoy the show!