[FRC Blog] Virtual Field

Last year, a team of FIRST supporters worked together to assemble a suite of ways that teams could virtually experience Planet Primus. I’m happy to announce that the team is back, and excited about making a virtual 2020 field accessible too.

The suite of assets included videos, mobile tools, VR headset applications, desktop content (digital and literal – there was a 3D printable field too!), and simulations. You can peruse all the details on the Playing Field webpage, but the list below will give you a general sense of these goodies:

• Autodesk
    • Synthesis, a robotics simulator built for FRC teams

The developers strongly encourage you to spend some time getting acquainted with the different hardware and platforms (depending on what’s accessible to you) this fall so that come Kickoff, all you need to do is update the content and you’re off and running safely walking around the INFINITE RECHARGE (SM) field.

Last and certainly not least, a great big thank you to the developer team. This wouldn’t happen without your help.

Enjoy the show!

3 Likes

I see the correction about “safely walking.” However, Naruto running is completely safe.

6 Likes

I hope we see synthesis and the VR field merge at some point. That would be something else.

I hope the field drawings are released prior to kick off too. I have no interest in the virtual field.