FRC CompactRIO firmware upgrade help

I’ve been trying to update the firmware on the compactRIO processor for quite some time now using the guides provided my FIRST and NI and by reading posts here on chiefdelphi but i cant seem to get it working.

I hooked up the laptop to port 1 on the CompactRIO using the orange crossover cable provided in the early kit of parts. After I switched the IP address to 10.0.0.6 and the subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 i started the CompactRIO Imaging Tool. As soon as it starts it says files cant be found such as : NiRioSrv.dll and so on and so forth. Then after ignoring them all the imaging tool pops up and it says searching. No matter what i do it doesnt work!! please help

Thanks,

Team 772

I am not sure what exactly is wrong with the Imaging system from your description, but you will get more help faster if you post on FIRST forums instead. FIRST developers are monitoring those forums more closely!

Did you install the DVDs that came in the early control system kit?

If not, install this and it should solve your problem.

If you did, then did you have LabVIEW 8.6 installed before you installed the DVD? If that is the case, you need to run the NI-RIO 3.0.1 installer so that it will install NI-RIO support for LabVIEW 8.5.1

Cheers!
-Joe

We have the same problem on one laptop, but not another. The working one is running Windows 98 and the one with the problem is Vista.

Complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the 2 early release disks and Update2 still doesn’t fix the problem.

What could be causing this missing file??? Anyone figured this out?

Did you do the full FRC install or are you running from a version of LabVIEW that you downloaded or got from somewhere else? I’m not sure, but it sounds like the NiRioSrv.dll is from some uninstalled part of the LabVIEW runtime system.

I updated our cRIO yesterday with a Windows Vista laptop so I don’t think it is an OS problem.

We are suffering the same problem. Running with administrative privileges does nothing.

It turned out that the issues was that I had the Labview NXT plugin installed, soon as I uninstalled it, I was able to install the NI-RIO stuff that was linked earlier.

Hot dog! That was it! Great catch and I am sooooo happy now that I can work on LabView!

Thanks a million for posting the solution. Let me know if you are going to be at the Minnesota or Wisconsin regionals, I owe you a lunch.