FRC Java cRIO 2011 update broke things.

Whenever we deploy code, we get past the bootup sequence but then it gives this error and halts:

[Squawk VM] Version: 2011 FRC, Feb 2 2011, 13:26:47
[cRIO] Uncaught exception in Thread.run():
[cRIO] on thread com.sun.squawk.imp.MIDletMainWrapper - main
[cRIO] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MIDlet-1 property must exist in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.imp.MIDletMainWrapper.main(74)
[cRIO] in virtual method #95 of com.sun.squawk.Klass(bci=25)
[cRIO] at com.sun.squawk.Isolate.run(1506)
[cRIO] at java.lang.Thread.run(231)
[cRIO] in virtual method #47 of com.sun.squawk.VMThread(bci=42)
[cRIO] in static method #3 of com.sun.squawk.VM(bci=6)
[cRIO]
[cRIO]
[cRIO] --------------------------------------------------------------------
[cRIO] GCs: 1 full, 0 partial
[cRIO] ** VM stopped: exit code = 1 **
[cRIO] task 0x21d1dc0 (SquawkRobotTask) deleted: errno=0 (0) status=1 (0x1)

Soo… anyone else have this problem? Have any idea how to fix it?

In NetBeans, under the files tab, navigate to “resources\META-INF” and open the file called “MANIFEST.MF”, you should see something like this:


MIDlet-Name: Dev Robot Code (2-5-11)
MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0
MIDlet-Vendor: FIRST
MIDlet-1: RobotMain, , edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.templates.RobotMain
MicroEdition-Profile: IMP-1.0
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1

Can you verify that the line that starts “MIDlet-1” is present? If it is, make sure it lists the right class and package. If it is not there, add it, putting the name of your main robot class and package as shown above.

Hope that helps! :smiley:

We don’t have this problem, but the cRIO is definitely not connecting with the laptop. They are connected via Ethernet, the ip does respond when pinged, but when we try loading code, we got this lovely feed

Waiting for cRIO to reboot (1s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (2s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (3s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (4s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (5s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (6s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (7s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (8s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (9s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (10s)

which continued until we stopped it at (56s) because the code clearly wasn’t deploying. Help (please)?

@1168Programmer You loaded the code over ftp, if you try driving it, it’s probably running the new code. Make sure you’re mask is 255.0.0.0 on the programming laptop, that can cause your issue.

ok, will have to give that a try. Thanks.

we cant get update #8 (re imaging the cRIO) to work

any one know where i can get it at

We had to manually move the update (located in the folder: sunspotfrcsdk\cRIO_Images ) to the folder the labVIEW imaging tool uses to store the images. I don’t have the path to that on though, perhaps someone with labVIEW experience might be able to help you if you can’t find it.

The update should automatically be placed in $HOME_DIRECTORY/sunspotfrcsdk/cRIO_Images . At least Netbeans automatically does it for me. (Eclipse doesn’t).

Here is version 27: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3131221/FRC_2011_v27.zip
Although if you don’t have it lying around somewhere on your computer, you probably haven’t upgraded.