FRC Java encoders not returning values

I am trying to use Rev Through Bore encoders on our drive wheels to get their rates, but the only values I am getting on SmartDashboard are 0, even when driving. The getStopped() method is returning true, but idk if that’s related. We have the encoders plugged into the DIO pins on the roborio. We used a multimeter on the wires connecting the encoder with the rio and confirmed that there was voltage there.
Code:


Roborio image is 2020 v10.
Edit: I changed the rio to another one (with the same image) and I had the same problem.

Edit2: problem resolved. The shaft was not even turning the encoders, so the value was zero. Our part we 3d printed for it was poorly designed.