Welcome to FRC M10.
Your hosts will be @gellnick and @TheFlash.
This game will be run in a multiball, or 3-faction, setup. This is entirely new to us, so if we make any mistakes, please let us know ASAP through your role PM.
- Follow the Chief Delphi forum rules.
- Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players.
3. NEW. There is now a minimum post requirement to stay in the game. The current minimum post requirement is 5 per day. Failure to meet this requirement will result in being replaced and possibly being placed on a blacklist.
- Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
- Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
- No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator/host permission.
- No posting after majority is reached or at night. We can’t lock the thread, so we’re relying on you all to just follow this rule and not post. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
- Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
- It’s a game - have fun!
- Days will last up to 36 hours.
- Nights will last roughly 12 hours.
- The Mafia have a factional night-kill. Any living member may carry out the kill on any given night. The Illuminati DO NOT have a factional night-kill.
- Night actions are performed by sending a message on the PM one of the hosts will send you with your role card, or in the Mafia/Illuminati chat if you are a member of the Mafia/Illuminati.
- To accuse someone, say “ # /vote [player]** ”.
- To rescind your vote, say “ # /unvote** ”.
- To ensure your vote is counted, please make your vote big. See the FAQ for how to do that.
- Vote counts will be given whenever a host is available to do so. You may request one by pinging any of us.
- The first three days will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when the 36 hour timer expires will be eliminated.
- After Day 3, any player who has the most votes will be killed, and night will start.
- If a person is killed, their role and alignment will be revealed.
- If the end of day has been reached, stop posting immediately. Repeated or egregious failure to comply may result in a modkill.
After The Night
- You will receive the results of any investigative night actions taken, as well as the success of certain other night actions you take.
- You will be told what happened to you in your PM.
- Day will begin. If a person is killed, their role will be revealed.
- If you are dead, do not post. We will try to start a PM chain for dead players to discuss the game.
There are 8 Town roles, 3 Illuminati roles, and 2 Mafia roles.
To Join as a Backup
Simply click “Backup” in the poll below. If somebody needs to drop out for any reason, you will take their place.
Here’s the signup poll
- I’ll play!
- I’ll pass this time…
- I’ll backup!
What is Forum Mafia?
Here is a short guide from Mafia Universe describing the basics of Forum Mafia. In short, it is a variation of the party game Mafia (also known as Werewolf) that has been adapted to be played on forums.
What does _______ mean?
There is a great glossary of various Mafia terms that may be used on the Mafia Universe Wiki .
Are game days real days?
No. In-game days are entirely separate from real-world days.
I’m still confused.
Feel free to ask any host any and all questions you may have!
How do I reveal @TheFlash as Mafia?
Type “/vote @TheFlash, and ping a host! We all want the Mafia outta here!
I see the game is full - can I still play somehow?
Once the playerlist is full, we’d love to have some backups in case anybody drops out or is inactive. Backup players might be called upon at any time to fill the shoes of a player that needs to be replaced.
I’d like to see another role - How do I suggest it?
It may not be possible to add it this game, but make sure to tell one of the hosts by @'ing them and we will try to add it.
I don’t know how to make my vote big!
All you need to do is create a new line by hitting the “enter” key and then writing “# /vote @TheFlash” (Name as an example)
For those of you who like copy-paste:
# /vote (Player)