Game will start this coming sunday
Please everyone playing confirm in this thread as well, you can chat here until the game starts but on 2019-05-19T15:00:00Z the game will begin!
- Follow the Chief Delphi forum rules.
- Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players.
- Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully on any given day, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods will result in your removal from the game.
- Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
- Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
- No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator/host permission.
- No posting after majority is reached or at night. I can’t lock the thread, so we’re relying on you all to just follow this rule and not post. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
- Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
- It’s a game - have fun!
- Days will last up to 36 hours.
- Nights will last roughly 12 hours.
- The Mafia have a factional night-kill. Any living member may carry out the kill on any given night.
- Night actions are performed by sending a message on the PM one of the host will send you with your role card, or in the Mafia chat if you are a member of the Mafia.
- This game will start days at 11 am est. and end 11pm est.
- To accuse someone, say “ /vote [player] ”.
- To rescind your vote, say “ /unvote ”.
- Making your votes obvious (bolded, on their own line, etc.) will make it less likely to be missed by us.
- Vote counts will be given whenever a host is available to do so. You may request one by pinging any of us.
- Every day will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when the 36 hour timer expires will be eliminated.
- If a person is killed, their alignment, but not their role, will be revealed.
- If the end of day has been reached, stop posting immediately. Repeated or egregious failure to comply may result in a modkill.
- Your role will have certain nights (from 1 to 4) on which it may act. If you try to use an action on any other nights, it will be ignored.
- The mafia factional nightkill is optional on nights 1 through 4, but is mandatory nights 5 and onward. If no nightkill is submitted, one will be assigned randomly.
After The Night
- You will receive the results of any investigative night actions taken, as well as the success of certain other night actions you take.
- You will be told what happened to you in your PM.
- Day will begin. If a person is killed, their alignment, but not their role, will be revealed.
- If you are dead, do not post. We will try to start a PM chain for dead players to discuss the game.
There will be 13 town-aligned players, and 4 mafia-aligned players. Your alignment does not influence you role in any way. Put another way, alignments and roles will be randomized independently
|Alignment Cop||n2 Only||1x Ninja|
|Alignment Cop||n3 Only||1x Ninja|
|Roleblocker||n1, n2, n3|
|Role Cop||n1, n2, n3||1x Strongman|
|Jack of All Trades(Role Cop, Tracker, Roleblocker)||n1, n2, n3|
|Jack of All Trades(Doctor, Jailkeeper, Voyeur)||n1, n2, n3|
|Voyeur||n1, n2, n3, n4||1x Strongman|
gellnick Shelby_Lamp ash4fun
Bepwei Kaitlynmm569 Squirrel2412 typeusernamehere
To Join as a Backup
Simply click “Backup” in the poll above. If somebody needs to drop out for any reason, you will take their place.
What is Forum Mafia?
Here is a short guide from Mafia Universe describing the basics of Forum Mafia. In short, it is a variation of the party game Mafia (also known as Werewolf) that has been adapted to be played on forums.
What does _______ mean?
There is a great glossary of various Mafia terms that may be used on the Mafia Universe Wiki .
Are game days real days?
No. In-game days are entirely separate from real-world days.
I’m still confused.
Feel free to ask any host any and all questions you may have!
How do I reveal @darth_tabor as Mafia?
Type “/vote @darth_tabor”, and ping a host! We all want the Mafia outta here!
I see the game is full - can I still play somehow?
Once the playerlist is full, we’d love to have some backups in case anybody drops out or is inactive. Backup players might be called upon at any time to fill the shoes of a player that needs to be replaced.
I’d like to see another role - How do I suggest it?
It may not be possible to add it this game, but make sure to tell one of the hosts by @'ing them and we will try to add it.
This game we will be much more strict about talking while dead during the game, we need to find something out but NO TALKING WHILE DEAD!