FRC Forum Mafia Game 14
SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Click the triangle beside each category below to show more details.
- Follow the Chief Delphi forum rules.
- Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players.
- Don’t be inactive . If you do not post meaningfully in any given phase, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods or failing to respond to a prod within 12 hours will result in your removal from the game. This will be a special point of emphasis this game.
- Dead will not be added to scum chat . Dead will not talk in game for any reason, or face a mod kill. Role lists will be distributed through PM only
- Dead will not interact with any in game polls, nor will they like posts!
- Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
- Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
- No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator permission.
- No posting after majority is reached or at night. I can’t lock the thread, so I’m relying on you all to just follow this rule and not post. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
- Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
- It’s a game - have fun!
For this game we will be running a “Pick Your Power” game.
- Days will be 36 hours long
- Nights will be 12 hours long
- Mafia will get a factional night kill. A mafia member cannot carryout the night kill if they are preforming another night action.
- All night actions must be set in 1 hour prior to SOD.
- Prior to the game beginning there is a draft to determine the order for the bidding on roles.
- Once alignments have been dealt out, each player must send two (whole) numbers, between 1 and 15, back to the mods.
The player to pick the first unique number closest to 1 will be first in the draft order. However, if several players pick the same first number, they will all go to the bottom of the draft order. Then I would move on to the next lowest number (in this case, 2) and the same rules apply. If no other player has picked 2 as their first number, then the person who picked 2 will become first in the draft order. This continues until I get to 20.
Now, the second number is used to determine who goes first, in the event of players picking the same first number. The lowest number of the second number goes first and so on. In the event players picked the same two numbers, I will once again reset them to the back of the queue (for the order they are in). In the event that your first and second numbers both clash with another player’s numbers, you both go straight to the bottom of the order. So, if three players picked ,  and , the two players with  are bumped below the player that picked  along with the original bump. Ultimately, the most unique number combination will get priority.
- Here is an example draft:
Lets say the following players choose the following numbers.
Player A - 
Player B - 
Player C - 
Player D - 
Player E - 
Player F - 
Player G - 
Players B and C both picked 1. They go to the back of the queue. Player E is the next lowest # and the only one that picked 3. He/She goes first. Then player A since He/She is the only one to pick 4. Then Player D would have been next with 7 ahead of B and C, but Player’s F and G also picked 7 so they both go behind Players B and C.
Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.
Now I just resolve Players B, C, D,F and G. Between B and C, I look at the second #. B has a 12, C has a 6. So C gets to pick before B.
Current Order: Bolded players are locked into position.
Now between D,F and G they all picked the same 1st numbers [?]. So I look at the second number to determine their order. Player G has a different number   whereas D and F both have . Same rule as before and G gets to pick before D and F.
In the case of D and F I do a dicobot roll to determine who goes first since they have the same 2 numbers. For arguments sake lets say F got a 1 and D got a 3 on a dice roll. F goes before D.
note: In the case of ties it doesn’t matter how many people picked the same #. If 3 people picked [ ] and 2 people picked [*] where * is any arbitrary number 3s go before 7s. The order isn’t reset AGAIN per tie.
Simple right? Of course this is all done to create mind traps between Scum and Town for picking #s. Remember once this phase is done you will know what yout draft position. You just wont know what anyone elses draft position is or what roles got picked.
- Once this has happened, each player will send in the “role pair” they’d like to choose thier role from. Only one role from each “pair” will be awarded, for example; there cannot be a Doctor and a Roleblocker in the game.
- As such, in the event multiple players select the same role (or the same “pair”), the player highest in the draft order wins the role, whilst the others remain Vanilla.
- Roles are then distributed.
- Throughout the bidding phases, the thread is locked, however, mafia may collude privately during this time and then again throughout the day.
17 x Town
Town win when they eliminate all mafia, including traitor.
5 X Mafia
Mafia win when the number mafia is equal to or greater than the number of town.
1 X Traitor
Traitor is Mafia Aligned, but will not be part of the mafia group chat at the beginning of the game. They will only join the mafia group chat if the mafia can successfully guess their identity.
Mafia will get one guess (as a group) each night. If they guess correctly, the traitor will join their chat. However, they must be careful because they could nightkill the traitor by mistake.
The traitor will automatically take over the mafia nightkill if all other mafia are killed, before they are found by the mafia; however, they will not be added to the mafia group chat.
The below roles are available to be drafted by mafia, town, or traitor.
Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
Night 3 Vigilante
On Night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
When you are lynched, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO
Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
On one night of your choice, you may elect to “arm” yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.
Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of “Mafia”, “Not Mafia”, or “No Result”.
On one night of your choice, you may select a player to “redirect”. If they are using an action that night, their action will be redirected to another player of your choice. You cannot force a player to self-target.
1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
Once, at night, you may commute, rendering yourself unable to be targeted by any actions that phase.
Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.
Doctor OR Roleblocker
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.
Universal Backup OR Role Cop
After the first powerrole in your alignment has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly. You will also inherit any shots/uses remaining with the role.
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or “No Result”. Goons and Vanilla Townies will return a result of “Vanilla”.
Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
Each night, you may choose a neighbor to add to a PM thread (the neighborhood) where they can communicate with you and the other neighbors that you choose on subsequent nights. Neighbors will remain in the neighborhood until they die and you may not remove a neighbor from the neighborgood. Communication between neighbors can only take place at night.
Each night, you may target a player in the game and give them a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing.
Jailkeeper OR Tracker
Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.
Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.
Pardoner or Veteran
You can save a player from a lynch by PMing me in your role card PM that you want to save the player that will be lynched. You can use this ability once. You can not Pardon yourself. The PM must be received by or immediately after (within 2 minutes) EoD. If you submit your pardon prior to EoD and that person is not lynched, you will lose your ability to pardon.
You have the ability to survive 1 hit at night OR 1 lynch. This ability automatically takes effect, without additional action by you, if you are lynched or nightkilled.
The number of Town and Mafia will be determined once signups end. However, we will keep as close to a 1:4, scum to town, ratio as possible.
• To accuse someone, say “ /vote [player] ”.
• To rescind your vote, say “ /unvote ”.
• Making your votes obvious (bolded, on their own line, etc.) will make it less likely to be missed by me.
• Vote counts will be given whenever a host is available to do so. You may request one by pinging me. No vote counts will be given by the dead!
• Days 1-2 will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when the 72 hour timer expires will be eliminated.
• Days 3 and on will have a plurality elimination - if majority is reached on a player, the day will end immediately with their elimination, but if majority isn’t reached whoever has the most votes when the timer expires will be eliminated.
If majority has been reached, stop posting immediately. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in a modkill.
What is Forum Mafia?
In case you missed the link at the top, here is a short guide from Mafia Universe describing the basics of Forum Mafia. In short, it is a variation of the party game Mafia (also known as Werewolf) that has been adapted to be played on forums.
What does _______ mean?
There is a great glossary of various Mafia terms that may be used on the Mafia Universe Wiki 2 .
I’m still confused.
Feel free to ask me any and all questions you may have!
Alignments will be sent out on 2019-11-15T20:00:00Z. Role Drafting will take place on 2019-11-18T00:00:00Z. The game will start promptly on 2019-11-18T16:00:00Z. You must role confirm in the first 12 hours in the game chat.