FRC Mafia Game 5 Signups

Welcome to FRC Mafia Game 5! Since @orangeandblack5 is unable to host due to solar car things (Good luck!), @GoalkeeperBoss, @Ian4467, and I will be hosting this game.
Without further ado, here’s the signup poll:

• I’m in!
  • I’ll be a backup!
  • I won’t be in this game this time.

0 voters

Rules

1. Follow the Chief Delphi forum rules.
  2. Be respectful to the hosts and your fellow players.
  3. Don’t be inactive. If you do not post meaningfully on any given day, you will be prodded. Receiving two prods will result in your removal from the game.
  4. Do not quote/screenshot private host messages. They’re private for a reason.
  5. Don’t throw the game. Always play with the intent of helping your faction win.
  6. No editing or deleting posts for any reason without express moderator/host permission.
  7. No posting after majority is reached or at night. I can’t lock the thread, so we’re relying on you all to just follow this rule and not post. Repeated or egregious failure to comply will result in your removal from the game.
  8. Do not discuss the game outside of the game. Anywhere. It’s not worth it.
  9. It’s a game - have fun!

Gameplay

• Days will last up to 36 hours.
  • Nights will last roughly 12 hours.
  • The Mafia have a factional night-kill. Any living member may carry out the kill on any given night.
  • Night actions are performed by sending a message on the PM one of the host will send you with your role card, or in the Mafia chat if you are a member of the Mafia.

Eliminations

• To accuse someone, say “ /vote [player] ”.
  • To rescind your vote, say “ /unvote ”.
  • Making your votes obvious (bolded, on their own line, etc.) will make it less likely to be missed by us.
  • Vote counts will be given whenever a host is available to do so. You may request one by pinging any of us.
  • Days 1-3 will have a deadline elimination - whoever has the most votes when the 36 hour timer expires will be eliminated.
  • Days 4 and on will have a plurality elimination - if majority is reached on a player, the day will end immediately with their elimination, but if majority isn’t reached whoever has the most votes when the timer expires will be eliminated.
  • If majority has been reached, stop posting immediately. Repeated or egregious failure to comply may result in a modkill.

After The Night

• You will be told what happened to you in your PM, and day will begin.
  • If you are dead, do not post. We will try to start a PM chain for dead players to discuss the game, but may not have permission to do so on this forum.

Rolelist

• Town Citizen
  • Mafia Goon
  • Other Roles TBD (See poll below to vote)

Please pick whichever roles (You can pick as many as you like) you would like to see in this game, and feel free to @ any of the hosts and ask for other roles.

• Town Jailkeeper - Wins with town, can jail someone once per night, protecting them. However, that person can’t use their night action.
  • Mafia Jailkeeper - See town jailkeeper, except they win with Mafia and have access to Mafia chat.
  • Town Cop - Picks one person to investigate each night and learns their role (If any)
  • Town Traitor - Wins with Mafia, but does not have access to Mafia chat.
  • Town Tracker - Wins with town, each night can choose someone to track and learns who they visited
  • Mafia Tracker - See Town tracker, except wins with Mafia and has access to Mafia chat
  • Town Clockmaker - Wins with town. Can send out an automaton each night to do another person’s night action. Tracker will see automaton, not person and will not know who the person that intended to visit is.
  • Mafia Clockmaker - See Town Clockmaker, but wins with Mafia and has access to Mafia chat
  • Town JOAT (Jack of all trades) - Has all abilities, but can only use each one once per game. Wins with Town.
  • Mafia JOAT - See Town JOAT but wins with Mafia and has access to Mafia chat.
  • Town Trapper - Wins with Town. Each night can trap someone’s house. If that someone leaves the house they are trapped and cannot perform their night action but are not immune from other’s night actions. (If clockmaker is playing and would have sent an automaton to do the action automaton still does the action, but if clockmaker is trapped, automaton does not do the action)
  • Mafia Trapper - See Town Trapper, but wins with Mafia and has access to Mafia chat.

0 voters

Roles will be added when we have enough players, but voting will continue until the game starts.

Players (More slots will be added as needed)

1. Mika1820
  2. typeusernamehere
  3. EricKline
  4. TheFlash
  5. Thequackmaster
  6. MARS_James
  7. BenjaminRowe
  8. mikexcao
  9. Squirrel2412
  10. brandn03
  11. EricH
  12. RuthJP
  13. ash4fun
  14. darth_tabor

Backups:

To Join as a Backup

Simply click I’m a backup on the poll at the top. If somebody needs to drop out for any reason, you will take their place.

F.A.Q.

• What is Forum Mafia?
    In case you missed the link at the top, here is a short guide from Mafia Universe describing the basics of Forum Mafia. In short, it is a variation of the party game Mafia (also known as Werewolf) that has been adapted to be played on forums.
  • What does _______ mean?
    There is a great glossary of various Mafia terms that may be used on the Mafia Universe Wiki .
  • Are game days real days?
    No. In-game days are entirely separate from real-world days.
  • I’m still confused.
    Feel free to ask any host any and all questions you may have!
  • I see the game is full - can I still play somehow?
    Once the playerlist is full, we’d love to have some backups in case anybody drops out or is inactive. Backup players might be called upon at any time to fill the shoes of a player that needs to be replaced.
  • I’d like to see another role - How do I suggest it?
    It may not be possible to add it this game, but make sure to tell one of the hosts by @'ing them and we will try to add it.

[Game 1 v2] FRCM4 - Popcorn Mafia

if you reply to the poll with “I’m In!” you are entered dont need to /join

I can’t edit the OP anymore, so here’s the current list of players:

1. Mika1820
  2. typeusernamehere
  3. EricKline
  4. TheFlash
  5. Thequackmaster
  6. MARS_James
  7. BenjaminRowe
  8. mikexcao
  9. Squirrel2412
  10. brandn03
  11. EricH
  12. RuthJP
  13. ash4fun
  14. darth_tabor
  15. Treecko120
  16. Bepwei
  17. quarky
  18. Jayd009

Pro setup tip

If you have an odd number of players, have a Day 1 elimination

If you have an even number, don’t

Wait can you explain that in somewhat more detail? I’m not sure I understand.

You always want an odd number of players alive, to prevent ties in votes. That’s why games are usually odd with a D1 elimination, or even with no D1 elimination (assuming 1 kill per night).

That’s also why there was both a Town JOAT who could kill and a Mafia JOAT who could kill in FRCM3 - assuming both shots were taken, an odd number of players would remain.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the help

Roles and whatnot will be randomized 2019-03-11T01:30:00Z

I will start another thread for the game around when roles are randomized, please confirm there.

Thread created here
/confirm there, roles have not yet been distributed

Normally people confirm that they got their cards lol :slight_smile:

looking for someone to possibly replace an inactive player from the game. i you wish do join the backup queue do /backup

We need a backup, please say /backup in big bold letters and ping a host.

@gellnick

/BACKUP

Gotcha, you’re in. Please confirm in the game chat when the day starts and roleconfirm when you get your role card or after the day starts, whichever is later.

Cool, thanks

We may be looking for backups, please sign up below to be a backup. Dead people, don’t try to join this way.

• I’m a backup!
  • (filler)

0 voters

FRCM5 Thread

@GoalkeeperBoss, outta here! You’re a host.