FRC Match Information Display

-FRC Match Information Program v1.0 by Team3593-

The Match Information Program is a tool to display the bumper color, alliance members, and time-of-match for any competition! Right now, I can customize the program for **anyone **who wants it, just send me an Icon 32x32 and a Team Graphic 705x333 and I’ll make it your own! Read below for basic use and let me know any problems you encounter as this is the first program I’ve released! :smiley:

Basic Use:
-Install the appropriate vs2012 redisributable for your system
-To set match times, click the corresponding button and type the times of each match
-To set Alliance Partners, click the corresponding button and enter your Alliance partners for each match
-Make sure you spell “blue” and “red” correctly in the Bumper Color boxes, future updates will remove the typing function and just give the *choice *between the two

Planned Updates:
-Choice between Blue and Red in comboboxes instead of entering text
-*Automatic *match switching by time (20 minutes after the scheduled match time, the program will display the next match information until 20 min after the Next scheduled time)

You can download it here!

Questions, comments or suggestions? Email us at [email protected] with your message or for Customizations!

-FRC Match Information Program v1.0 by Team3593-

The Match Information Program is a tool to display the bumper color, alliance members, and time-of-match for any competition! Right now, I can customize the program for **anyone **who wants it, just send me an Icon 32x32 and a Team Graphic 705x333 and I’ll make it your own! Read below for basic use and let me know any problems you encounter as this is the first program I’ve released! :smiley:

Basic Use:
-Install the appropriate vs2012 redisributable for your system
-To set match times, click the corresponding button and type the times of each match
-To set Alliance Partners, click the corresponding button and enter your Alliance partners for each match
-Make sure you spell “blue” and “red” correctly in the Bumper Color boxes, future updates will remove the typing function and just give the *choice *between the two

Planned Updates:
-Choice between Blue and Red in comboboxes instead of entering text
-*Automatic *match switching by time (20 minutes after the scheduled match time, the program will display the next match information until 20 min after the Next scheduled time)

You can download it here!

Questions, comments or suggestions? Email us at [email protected] with your message or for Customizations!

The link says that the file is private

Could you maybe host it on dropbox or Google Drive opposed to mediafire??

Fixed! Should be accessible here on mediafire and here on google drive!

Well ya see…mediafire is blocked :smiley:

It’s on drive now, check the link up there^ XD

Thank you so much…seems like a cool program

Can you share some screenshots of what this looks like?

Tossing Sundial up there as something to poke around with… esp since some of us don’t run windows machines.

This difference between this and Sundial is that this is offline. Our team will be setting it up at the beginning of an event and just letting it run in our pit to just give us kind of a HUD for what’s up next in the heat of the competition. There’s no scores and no match results in this, purely a preparation utility for your team :smiley:

I just thought I’d put it out for anyone to try!

Can you share some screenshots of what this looks like?

Here’s some shots up on Google Drive!

Main Screen
Alliance Partners
Match Times

Hereis the project up on google drive as well, if you couldn’t get to mediafire.

Why do we have two threads with the same OP message?

I know, I just wanted to point it out as an option for people.

I don’t know if you can write Android apps but this seems like a much better program for a phone than a computer, I know I am not running around the pits with a laptop.
Also, just some suggestions for future updates:
Getting schedule information from the FIRST website as soon as it is posted so you don’t have to type it all in by hand.
Notifications a set time before your match is scheduled (or if using the live FIRST data, a notification when the match 3 before yours has had scores posted)

My team has used something similar.

It is very useful to just keep running on a laptop in the pits. Extra notifications or a phone app or anything of that manner would be added complexity with minimal-no benefit. The robot is always in the pits with a few people, so it’s not like we just forget to go to our match.

This is a neat idea.

FRC Tracker does a simple schedule view for mobile devices.

But Having a nicer way to display the data on a monitor at the Pit would be pretty cool !

In theory, you should be able to grab this automatically by looking at the Blue Alliance API.

FYI…
In the program when you run through the matches. It goes to match 21 then back to match number two.

Thanks for the heads up! It’s fixed and will be coming in the v1.2 which will come very very soon, like tomorrow maybe

Why do we have two threads with the same OP message?

I thought it would be helpful to have it in this sub as well as in programming, and I plan to release the source code in the programming section thread, as opposed to not doing that in this one

Threads merged.