FRC Movie Night: What do you show?

Don’t spoil anything

Back in 2012-2014, the team’s favorites were The Princess Bride, Wargames, and Short Circuit. In recent years, Top Gun and Spare Parts head the list.

1 Like

If you are going to use the movie to spur discussion, Apollo 13 and October Sky are great because you can use them to both talk about technical topics as well as generic teambuilding and leadership topics.

1 Like

Jason Bourne kills batman

3 Likes

Batman kills himself

2 Likes

Definitely Black Panther.

1 Like

The company I worked at reserved a bunch of theatres for one night, for the employees

The team/club actually started with full size electric vehicles and then moved into FRC in 2002. The team likes to branch out to other competitions besides FIRST so they competed in MATE in 2004 and won it. Without derailing the thread, more info can be found here.

As far as the Spare Parts movie goes, while it does have some creative input from Hollywood, it’s actually pretty accurate in many details and events that happened!

1 Like

Real Steel : Hugh Jackman reconnects with his son through the medium of fighting robots.

3 Likes

Real Steal
Robots (the animated one with Robin Williams)
Martian
Hidden Figures
Marvel anything
Truman Show (that was a fun time)
basically any movie is a good team bonding time and I highly suggest it

3 Likes

Great thread. I’ve been working on this list for years. Here’s my favorites, though not all FRC related, and you may want to clear a few before showing to kids:

Back to the Future
Apollo 13
A League of their own
Anchorman
Earthquake
Towering Inferno
Volcano
Twister
Armageddon
Deep Impact
The Perfect Storm
The Day After Tomorrow
Air Force One
United 93
Gran Torino
Cars
Catch me if you can
Pirates of Silicon Valley
Short Circuit
Batteries Not Included
ET
Iron Man
Accepted
Tucker
China Syndrome
Stand and Deliver
School of Rock
The Fujitive
Die Hard
Erin Brockovich
Saving Private Ryan (Warning, very sad)
Cool Runnings
jOBS
Top Gun
My Cousin Vinny
The Social Network
White House Down
Olympus Has Fallen
National Treasure
I Am Sam
The Pursuit of Happiness
The Sandlot
Space camp
Unknown
The Intern
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall-E

3 Likes

I agree with Hidden Figures

Short Circuit is the correct answer. Johnny 5 lives on!

2 Likes

Moneyball is a good one, especially if your scouting team is there.

2 Likes

Meet the Robinson’s is a fun movie

4 Likes

I feel like A fits many teams we all have those random objects for us it was christmas lights

1 Like

Instead of watching movies I would just make a 2 hour compilation of my favorite frc memes cuz that’s like 1000x better.

3 Likes

Woh. Haven’t seen that one in a while.

I think it depends on the team but Spider is a great story and would be a great pick

Spare parts!!

1 Like