We are from team 8505 and we are looking for any help/advice to configure our robot radio.
We have followed the WPI Programming Documentation instructions and have been able to image our roborio and load the firmware for the radio using the FRC Radio Configuration Utility (.exe). When we move to configuring our radio we get:
“Bridge Configuration Failed: Failed to change IP Address, please ensure the bridge is connected to this computer and try again”
Currently we have an ethernet cable directly from our laptop to the 18-24VP0E port on the radio, and power cable from radio to the voltage regulator module.
We are always running as administrator.
We received the same errors after trying the following things:
- Disabled All other Networks (Bluetooth, Wifi) except the ethernet we are using
- A different Laptop with an ethernet to USB adaptor
- A laptop with a direct connection to ethernet port
- A different radio and roborio
- Using both PoE cable (orange) and ethernet cable
- Using just the kickoff kit ethernet cables
- Using new ethernet cables
- Firewall has been turned off
- Putting the roborio in safe mode
- Putting the ethernet cable in the 802.3afPOE port instead
- Reset the radio (no light change) and reset the laptop
And yet there the error remains.
We have checked many online resources, including the WPIlib documentation, several Chiefdelphi posts, and some reddit posts. I’m a new user, so I can’t link them directly here yet. Lastly, we called FRC support but nothing changed.
Is there anything else we should try?