FRC unbagging rules

We are allowed to use 6 hour robot access period. We used 2 hours one time and 3 another time. Can we burn our last hour?

Nope. 2 hour minimums.

Administrative Manual
5.5.2 ‘Robot Access Period’ - Schedule
Teams may unlock their robot for a total of six (6) hours during the 7-day period preceding any two-day
event in which their team will be competing with their robot. The six hours may be broken up in any way
the team wishes, with the exception that no single access period may be shorter than two (2) hours. The
robot must be locked up in between sessions and this must be documented on the Robot Lock-up Form
each time.

Am I going crazy, or was this not always how the time was broken up? For some reason, the idea got in my head that you could open the bag for a minimum of half an hour provided you did not open the bag more than three times.

Does anyone know where I could have gotten this from?

What you are describing is the 2014 version of the rule:

[2014] 5.6.2: ‘Robot Access Period’ – Schedule
Teams may unlock their robot for a total of 6 hours during the 7-day period preceding any two-day event in which their team will be competing with their robot. The 6 hours may be broken up in any way the team wishes, with the exceptions that no single access period may be shorter than 30 minutes and the team may not have more than 3 access periods prior to each event. The robot must be locked up in between sessions and this must be documented on the Robot Lock-Up Form each time.

The 2015 version changed the minimum time to 2 hours, and appears to be identical to the version in the 2016 Administrative Manual:

[2015] 5.6.2 ‘Robot Access Period’ – Schedule
Teams may unlock their robot for a total of 6 hours during the 7-day period preceding any Two-day event in which their team will be competing with their robot. The 6 hours may be broken up in any way the team wishes, with the exception that no single access period may be shorter than 2 hours. The robot must be locked up in between sessions and this must be documented on the Robot Lock-Up Form each time.

(Emphasis mine for both quotes)

Ah. See, I sometimes read old game manuals when I’m bored (Yes, seriously) so that makes sense, seeing as I only joined a team last year.