Frc vscode wpilibj version, gradle io update issues

I am having trouble trying to figure out which version of wpilibj is loaded into frc vscode on multiple computers. On my computer I use Ctrl Shift P then type wpilib: Check for wpilib updates and nothing happens. The wpilib.log file has the errors:

Blockquote 2019-04-23T18:00:11.644Z warn: local gradlerio version exception {“0”:{“errno”:-4058,“code”:“ENOENT”,“syscall”:“open”,“path”:“c:\Users\Kurt\Workspace2019\MyFirstProject\build.gradle”}}
2019-04-23T18:00:11.644Z verbose: no update installed

I am new to frc vscode and have no clue what to do. I do not see any means to determine which version of wpilib I am currently running. We are on this path as one computer downloads code fine, the other says the roborio needs to be updated. So I also need to know which versions of roborio image do I have. FRC Update on this computer only shows labview runtime needs to be updated. Will be checking the others shortly.

The version of wpilib is actually not system specific anymore as of 2019. It’s actually stored with the project, in the build.gradle file. If you open that file, near the top in the plugins block will be an edu.wpi.first.GradleRio declaration with a version to the right of that. That version is the wpilib version for the project.

There is also a version for the wpilib extension, however those are not required to match. If you want that, look in the extensions tab of vscode, and look for the wpilib plugin. It’s the version there. But note even upgrading that will not upgrade the project, as the project is unconditionally the version in the build.gradle

We plan on adding a page in 2020 to parse these things and give an easy view, but for now opening the build.gradle file is the best way.

1 Like