FRC1296 Sixth Annual New Car Raffle

So Covid-19 sucks and your awesome robot is sitting in the corner… queue the cool #avoid2020 memes. :thinking: But you can still win a new car! :smiley: Use some of that vacation money or restaurant budget and buy a few raffle tickets! The funds will pay for travel scholarships to offset costs for students who might not otherwise participate.

Legal stuff…

The Rockwall Robotics Booster Club is a charitable corporation in the state of Texas with IRS 501(c)(3) status operating at 2010 Industrial Drive Suite 602 in Rockwall, Texas 75087. The organization promotes STEM-related educational robotics programs in and near Rockwall High School in Rockwall Texas. The organization has been in continuous operation from 2003 to the present.

The prize is a 2020 Ford Mustang V6 Fastback. One must be 18 years or older to enter. One need not be present to win. No more than 2500 tickets to be sold.  Ticket sales and drawing are audited by Chapman, Hext & Co., P.C..

The prize is selected on December 12, 2020 5pm at Rockwall Ford - 990 E Interstate 30, Rockwall, TX 75087.

You can enter the raffle from the 1296 web site . Click on the car! If you win, I’ll drive it to you!

Thank you for supporting the "Full Metal Jackets, FRC Team 1296!

Good luck!

10 Likes

But like… it’s a mustang. Not ok. /s

Do you drive out to MA? Asking for a friend.

Sure thing! It might also be possible to work out something with your local dealer.

gotta pick something - you can trade it in

Very cool! Wish we could do this in New York. We had someone who wanted to donate a mint condition 1960s-era muscle car to the team to do exactly this, but there wasn’t any way to make it possible.

(I mean, technically it is possible, but only technically. To hold a car raffle in NYS, you have to estimate how much you think you’re going to take in–90% of that goes to the state for the gambling license for the one-off raffle. If you take in less than what you estimated, they keep the difference (even if it results in a net loss), but if you take in more than that, you pay the difference. It’s not even kind of worth it.)

Also, I just bought a ticket. Good luck on your sales!

YIKES! Thanks for getting a ticket! Hope I get a chance to drive it out to you …

Texas has a lot of rules laid out in the Charitable Raffles Act of 1999 but nothing that onerous. Still if we did not have free CPA and lawyer advice on our booster club board the process would look scary.

1 Like

That would be fun. I might even agree to meet you half-way. :smiley:

1 Like