Working in conjunction with our school leadership, the RoboChargers (FRC3005) are seeking teaching applicants for the 2020-2021+ academic year interested in joining our program in Dallas, Texas.
Since 2014 the team has been supported by a consistent mentor group which has successfully grown the program and expanded it into FTC, FLL, and now Jr. FLL through our feeder pattern. Along the way, both our FRC and FTC teams have achieved increasing success on the field while also strengthening our positive impact off the field on our students and our community. Our overall program’s efforts benefit from the support of our students, industry partners, adult volunteer base, and the great facilities at Emmett J Conrad High School.
- Prior experience with FIRST (why we are asking on CD!), with a passion for FIRST principles and mission. Willing to add discretionary effort to grow the program.
- Teachers certification with >2 years of experience teaching.
- The most easily filled position would include teaching Engineering Classes – Robotics / Design / Machining, but exceptionally qualified candidates would be considered from other disciplines
Benefits of Conrad/RoboChargers
- Dallas ISD offers competitive salaries and additional stipends for robotics team coaches
- We have a supportive district and school administration which believes in the mission of FIRST and provide leadership and funding support
- Conrad High School has several academic programs including a NAF Academy of Engineering school, and Collegiate Academy attracting a diverse and strong student body from across Dallas. It also has great, updated facilities as one of the newest campuses in DISD, having just been built in 2006.
- We have direct access to our dedicated robotics build space in a converted 2000 sq. ft classroom for after school robotics programs
- Including: 2x 3D printers, 4’x8’ CNC Gantry Mill, Manual Lathe, Manual Mill, 3’x4’ Laser Cutter, Wall-Mounted TVs, lots of white boards, great natural light and a significant stock of consumable materials
- You would be joining a team with existing teacher coaches and a strong mentor base, with ~8 consistent year-round and another 7-8 seasonal, representing 100+ years of combined FIRST experience
- Established relationships with our core sponsors provide the consistent funding required to compete at a high level while also allowing for investments in our program and facilities.
Interested applicants, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5/15. If you have any questions at all, please reach out and we will be happy to discuss with you.
Program Associated Teams:
FRC3005, FTC13537, FTC13539, FTC13542, FTC13552, FTC16985, FTC16987, Mc Shan Elementary FLL Teams, Jack Lowe Elementary FLL Teams
Proudly Sponsored by:
Texas Instruments, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, UTC - Otis, Vickery Meadows Youth Development Foundation, Motorola Solutions Foundation, FIRST in Texas and the Texas Workforce Commission.