Free Starbucks coffee for mentors

Head over to Starbucks this week and get a free cup of coffee for pledging 5 hours of volunteer service.

“Starbucks and HandsOn Network are joining to launch the ‘I’m In!’ campaign, an initiative to make it easy to participate in the President-elect’s call for national service. In participating Starbucks stores across the nation, the American public will have an opportunity to pledge five hours or more of community service toward a local volunteer opportunity of choice. Starbucks will honor each person who pledges with a free tall brewed coffee beginning Wednesday, Jan. 21 through Sunday, Jan. 25. The goal of the effort is to raise pledges in excess of one million hours of service from all over the country.” http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=974

I saw that last night, & thought, only 5 hours? Wow. :yikes:
Wouldn’t downgrading to only 5 hours that be a nice change of pace to my already hectic life…
(albeit, a bit boring volunteering only 5 hours. Maybe 5 hours a day for most of us is more like it!* HA!)
Can I get a cup of something for ***every ***5 hours.
That would surely put them out of business. :ahh:
(I’d take a few Carmel Apple something drink… idk what it’s called, I rarely go to Starbucks as it is. :stuck_out_tongue: )

*Although, nowadays, I can only get in 2 hours of volunteering a night bcause of our team meeting schedules & my work schedule, but it adds up over 6 weeks!

This is an excellent example of a very well-run campaign to get young people involved in volunteering in their communities. Marketing/promotion done smoothly and well.

5 hours is a little over one meeting…awesome for coffee drinking FIRST mentors. Thinks about starting to drink coffee :rolleyes:

Wish it were mountain dew.

Or anything BUT coffee.