Freshmen Only!!!

Who thinks that seniors are a bit to bossy around the pit?

… Then start them somewhere else.

This is ridiculous. Why would you start a thread just to start a fight?

• Katie

well said

Word.

Brandon, have at it.

I was refering to the “Seniors Only!!!” thread.

It is perfectly ok to start a thread and have a discussion about how frustrating it is to be a freshmen on a Robotics team… Just don’t do it to start a fight.

If you have a problem with the person who started the other thread, or what was said in that thread, report it to moderator, or PM the thread starter.

Hrm. Ok.

Let’s disregard the ‘fight’ statement. The statement was probably not as severe or intentional as we all took it to be. And, it probably wasn’t a good choice to put that first in his post. So – lets start over… hopefully we wont have to close it …

Who thinks that seniors are a bit to bossy around the pit?

Sorry everyone!

I didn’t think that you would all take it as seriously as you did. That is what I hate about the internet. The other people only see your words, not the nonverbal signals.

I think that some seniors are a very small bit to bossy, but not all of them. I will probably end up being like that when I am a senior. I laugh when a senior girl says that she wants to slap this guy because he thinks he is in charge in the pit.

At S.P.A.M. things are done by seniority. When I was in 10th grade, I had a year on the team as I started my freshmen year. This means even if a senior (in 12th grade) joins with no years I’m senior. This is done by years…just like the business world so deal with it! Veteran members of the team are to provide leadership and sometimes we must yell to get our points across, to be heard over people sitting their idle and just talking, doing nothing productive. And the veterans are primarily the first off to be student leaders of our subteams.

Michael Lee
Pit Crew Chief 2001 - 2003

I never said that there was anything wrong with that. I meant that it was my opinion. I would organize a high school robotics team completly differently since I am always the one at the bottom of the command chain. I don’t want to tell you how to do your job, but here is a little helpful piece of information. There is a person in pit fab, not me (I’m not in pit fab), that says that you guys aren’t letting them help. Now, I don’t know if this is the whole story but you might want to make sure that everyone is given some fun jobs. From my perspective, it looks like the people who are friends with Nick and Gilligan get the jobs that are more fun.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

…or if I spelled anyone’s name wrong.

Oh lordy. Do we have to bring up things like this on a public forum?

Just for the record. Nick is only on his second year here, and Jimmy (or Gilligan, whatever you people call him) is a rookie.

It’s not about waiting for someone to assign you a job, you have to go make yourself involved. Heed my advice, rookies. :slight_smile:

Well, in my opinon, Seniors are bossy. becuase teams generally have a certain way about doing things in the pits, and when ur seniors, were freshmen, those seniors had to learn what to do. and if yelling and screamning and throwi… never mind that last one, it only happend once :p. but what the seniors are acctually doing is teaching and training the freshmen for what to do in the years to come

It’s important not to take your seniors for granted. Although rookies provide a new insight, a new line of thought, change it’s important to learn as much from the seniors as you can before they leave. They’ve had up to 4 years of experiance and information to pass on. Sometimes it’s just important to listen with out first questioning.

i dunno bout ur schools but we have a fresman friday. it is a day where we beat and pound on all the freshmen as we can see or find. does anybody else have this day?

*Originally posted by ElDiablo872 *
**i dunno bout ur schools but we have a fresman friday. it is a day where we beat and pound on all the freshmen as we can see or find. does anybody else have this day? **

We don’t have that day, at any schools around here…

If I ever have a family with kids, we are NOT moving to Webster, New York…

No, at our school it’s called Freshman Day and its the sophmores at our school. Last year they had to call the cops its got so out of hand. By the way this little freshman hands out with his two 6ft 4in 185lb friends so I might add that I survived the day without a scratch.
P.S. I have many sophmores as friends and it’s only the couple rejects that partake in this.

I don’t mean to change the subject but I had P.E. for the first time in high school. (and the last) Who invented the gym uniform, why are the pants so small, and what exactly is the purpose of wearing them?

*Originally posted by kewlkid382 *
**I don’t mean to change the subject but I had P.E. for the first time in high school. (and the last) Who invented the gym uniform, why are the pants so small, and what exactly is the purpose of wearing them? **

Please stay on topic. Especially in your own thread. :rolleyes:

• Katie

Hey, at least there isn’t hazings…like at some um, soroities (thats my own understanding on how you get into some of them). Besides, to everything there is a turn…if I join another team, I’ll be at the bottom…we all were once at the bottom. By the way, who wants to learn how to dremal? (both veterans and rookies alike)

*Originally posted by Katie Reynolds *
**Please stay on topic. Especially in your own thread. :rolleyes:

• Katie **

Looks like the freshies need some leadership, eh Katie? :stuck_out_tongue: