[FTC]: Autonomous Deployment Error "1003"

Hi there, everyone.

When I’m deploying auton code to the robot, it has an error called Error 1003.

"The VI is not executable. Mostly likely the VI
is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located
Select <b>File>>Open</b>
to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

Has anyone else had this problem? It also has the same problem with deploying the basic template code as well. However, this error does not occur when deploying Teleop code, basic template or modified.

I can tell you generally why this hapens, but not exactly how to fix it.
However, It shouldn’t be hapenning on any of the (latest) templates as these were tested prior to release. Have you modified them?

Anyway…

That error occurs when you use a VI that isn’t supported by the NXT.

This problem usually occurs for 1 of 2 reasons…

1. You possibly built your VI when LABVIEW was targetd to the “Computer” and not the “NXT”. In this mode, the pallettes will let you add any old VI because it assumes you are going to run the VI on the PC and not the NXT. If you “Target to NXT” while writing your code, LabVIEW will only show you VI’s that will work on the NXT. I Know… not very helpfull, but it’s a good coding tip if you are trying something new.

2. SOME VI’s only support SOME of their full capabilities when Targeted to the NXT. So, they will still show up on the NXT pallett, but they will cause that error if you use an “unsupported feature” of the VI.

Let me give you an example that catched me up every time…

The IndexArray VI is used to strip individual elements out of an array.
On the PC you can use this to extract one OR MORE elements from an array simply by dragging it to make it bigger.

However, if you target this to the NXT, you can only get ONE element from the array. If you want two elements, you need to use two copies of the VI. LabVIEW lets you make the VI bigger, but if you do, it just won’t work

It’s annoying, plus if you forget, you don’t get any real help… you just get that error.

So, it’s really important to know what VI’s are fully supported by the NXT…
You need to read the “NXT Advanced Programming Guide” that’s in the manuals folder on your hard disk:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\manuals\NXT_Advanced_Programming_Guide.pdf

In particular the “LabVIEW Basics” section, which details the features that ARE and ARE NOT supported on the NXT.

If the templates that come as part of the FTC toolkit give this error, I’d make sure you have the latest version of the toolkit (it was updated once).

Phil.

Thanks for the response!

The index array was the problem. We took out the array and it worked! (HOORAY!) Thanks again for the help! Now we can get moving because this little problem put us behind schedule. :frowning: