FTC Battery Charger Recommendations

Currently my FTC team uses the orange REV battery chargers for REV Slimline Batteries. With two teams for the upcoming season we are in need of more chargers and was wondering if there are better options available. The batteries recommend 1.8-2.0 amp charge rate. I would also like to charge 3 at a time if possible. I don’t mind paying more money for a quality charger that will do a good job and last a few seasons.

Any battery chargers out there that you would recommend?

While I am biased and think the REV chargers are a good option for all team, I recently bought one of these to keep 4 REV batteries charged at once. https://www.amazon.com/ToolkitRC-M4Q-1-4S-Smart-Charger/dp/B08RSQNSS1

It has 4x xt30 charge ports and works pretty well. You do need to configure it and just like most hobby chargers the UI is not great, once you have it configured it works. Also note they make 2 versions of this device, one with xt30 and the other with xt60, both will work technically, but you will need adapters if you don’t buy the right one.

3 Likes

Our teams currently have two of these design which I’m very happy with. They used to have a dual charger version of this but I can’t seem to find them any more. I wanted something that wouldn’t trickle charge the batteries after being finished with them like the REV ones do, tough those worked perfectly fine while we still used them. Something that gives us a very audible beep when the batteries are done charging with a nice user interface was essential for us.

I see you’ve found a chemistry that’s not listed on the product page (it lists “LiPo LiHV LiFe Lion@1-4S” when I know REV packs are NiMH). Can you fill us in on the actual chemistry list since you have one?

They have a nimh mode

The manufacturer’s product page lists:

Type of battery:

LiPo LiHV LiFe Lion@1-4S
NiMh @1-10S Pb @1-8S

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.