[FTC Blog] FTC Game Design Committee announces plans for water game

Posted on the FTC Blog, 4/1/14: http://firsttechchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/04/ftc-game-design-committee-announces.html

FTC Game Design Committee announces plans for water game

In an effort to meet popular demand, the FTC Game Design Committee announced today that the 2014-15 challenge would be a water game.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zEAQpNX55UY/Uzq_q93vhTI/AAAAAAAACeo/s1DJFZ9lv-s/s1600/pool.jpg
FTC GDC announces water game for 2014-15

While they would not release specifics on scoring or game play, the committee did release information on what teams could expect in terms of game elements and field obstacles.

“The field will contain a number of exciting elements we’ve never tried before,” said Michael Coleman, a long-time game designer. “We’ll basically have two to three kiddie-type pools inside the twelve-foot perimeter, ramps, floats and beach balls.”

Mannie Lowe, another member of the committee, said he expects teams to face a real challenge when it comes to operating their robots in and around the water. He said teams will really need to stretch their imaginations to come up with ways to water-proof the robots.

Of course, the name of the game and specifics of scoring are not yet available. Teams can expect more information on the new game at Kickoff in September.

Good luck and happy robot building!

:wink:

Wow, it didn’t take long for the FTC GDC to take the public advice, and create a watergame! Kudos to the GDC for listening to us!

#wildwildwatergame :smiley:

Well that explains this.

That’ll go great with this.

well, at first glance I was like holy cow that’s awesome but when I looked at the date I hit myself and said " should have figured It was too good to be true and they wouldn’t release information like that."

But on the third glance Im thinking that possibly it’s true because everyone will think it isn’t due to it being April first so there trying to slide one in there.

HMMMMMM…:confused: :rolleyes:

Well, I guess that’s one way to combat the static buildup that always seems to happen with the FTC robots. Not the most conventional solution, but it works. I like it. Thanks FTC GDC!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are they actually “Listening” or “Meeting” the demand of the people? Or is it more of a clever strategy to get kids, and teams more involved and focused on FTC instead of the much more fun and cheaper VEX competitions? Besides the people didn’t want a lousy water game for FTc as much as they did for FRC.

I can’t tell if you’re serious or if you are going along with the GDC’s April Fools joke.

It does actually say that the andymark box is not for sale and is an April fools joke. I actually believed it until then.

Merry April Fools everyone

I see your signature states you were a World Finalist. Which of the 3 teams were you? I ask because I’m curious, I actually trained a student to emcee who was the lead strategist for 610 the year they won.

I see your signature states you were a World Finalist. Which of the 3 teams were you? I ask because I’m curious, I actually trained a student to emcee who was the lead strategist for 610 the year they won.

Im guessing hes on 1519 but the tag under is name… :stuck_out_tongue: