[FTC]: Do we need Android 6.0.1 on Moto G4

Wondering if anyone can help with this issue. At league meet 0, the field inspector told us that our phone had an old version of Android. The phones currently run Marshmallow 6.0, but the rules state that we should have 6.0.1. When we attempt to check for updates, the phone states that there are no updates. In reading about this, it looks like the current US version is 6.0, while international versions of the phone are running 6.0.1. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get 6.0.1 installed and I’m wondering if this would disqualify us from competing in future tournaments. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Jason
Team 7516

According to motorola’s US website, the Moto G4 Play comes with Android 6.0.1 in the US.

I’m rather confused as to how you managed to purchase a G4 Play with 6.0 in the first place, as the phones my team purchased for Velocity Vortex came with 6.0.1 (the version required per the Velocity Vortex manual).

Are you sure your phone is a G4 Play? The other allowed Motorola phones do not need to update past 6.0

<<Are you sure your phone is a G4 Play? The other allowed Motorola phones do not need to update past 6.0>>

Thanks for pointing this out. I had assumed that we were using the G4 since that’s what it seems most teams are using. It turns out we have a G2. Given that, I believe we are good to go. Thanks again!