[FTC]: Tetrix Motor cables

We are finding bad motor cables (4 out of 12 so far)!!! The crimping on the Anderson Powerpole connections made OVER insulation. And it appears the white end is proprietary - I’ve had no luck finding it online. It looks like a box over a crimp of somekind.

What do veteran teams do? I am planning on making my own cable.

Please advise.

My advice would be to solder wires onto the terminals of the tetrix motor. Or you could upgrade to AndyMark Never Rest motors and the wires are built it.

This would be our advice here at AndyMark, and not just because we are the ones that sell NeveRest motors. (Most of us also lived through minibots, so we learned coping strategies. Nick has one magnetically attached to his desk.)

You’ll want to go with whichever strategy that works best for your robot design, be that going with custom wires and soldering directly to motor terminals, or moving to a different motor.
That being said, please know that if you’ve found bad motor cables in your new FTC set please contact [email protected] or call 800-358-4983 for replacements at no charge.

At our program I encourage all 9 of our teams to always use the andymark neverest motors for two reasons. One they come with the andymark power poles installed already which are directly compatible with the modern robotics modules. Two because they have built in encoders that work very well and are the easiest way to program a reliable autonomous.

We also switched from tamiya connectors on the batteries to Anderson power poles. If you have the funding, I highly recommend it. Just be careful to not accidentally invert the polarity or you will burn out your power distribution.

Motors and Wires:
http://www.andymark.com/NeveRest-s/550.htm

At our program I encourage all 9 of our teams to always use the andymark neverest motors for two reasons. One they come with the andymark power poles installed already which are directly compatible with the modern robotics modules. Two because they have built in encoders that work very well and are the easiest way to program a reliable autonomous.

We also switched from tamiya connectors on the batteries to Anderson power poles. If you have the funding, I highly recommend it. Just be careful to not accidentally invert the polarity or you will burn out your power distribution.

Motors and Wires:
http://www.andymark.com/NeveRest-s/550.htm