The following is a great opportunity at Qfix, a medical device manufacturing company in Avondale, PA. If you have interest or know someone who does, please apply via Indeed at
I am Director of Human Resources at Qfix, so if you have any questions, feel free to email me at John.Larock@qfix.com
Sr. Electromechanical Design Engineer - Qfix
Qfix Company Description
Qfix provides state-of-the-art patient positioning and immobilization devices to optimize patient outcomes. We are a dynamic privately held, rapidly growing innovator, manufacturer and marketer of advanced technology for patient positioning and immobilization devices in the radiation therapy market. We are located in Avondale, PA, 35 miles southwest of Philadelphia, with sales in over 65 countries across the globe.
At Qfix, our passion is positioning patients for life. Company website: http://www.qfix.com
Reports To: Director of Research & Development Engineering
Become a key member of a cross-functional team developing advanced electro-mechanical products for use in medical diagnostic and treatment. Designs, modifies or upgrades medical devices by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
• Directly responsible for completing projects following product life cycle, including preliminary design, prototype development, testing, and manufacturing scale-up
• Design systems and components based on customer requirements. Ensuring that designs meet customer requirements as well as all regulatory requirements.
• Develop detailed 2-D drawings and 3-D models using Solidworks.
• Define and document electrical wiring and interconnect diagrams.
• Define component and part selection for electro-mechanical systems
• Perform product testing and analysis to determine feasibility & manufacturability of product designs.
• Create Bills of Material (BOMs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) along with other technical documentation as required.
• Support and update/improve existing systems and components based on customer inputs and manufacturing requirements
• Work with Manufacturing to increase design and manufacturing efficiencies.
• Create, maintain and work to project schedules to insure on time delivery to the customer.
• Create and maintain all project documentation required by the company’s FDA and ISO certification
• Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding safety and projects.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Results Driven
- Mathematical Skills
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency.
• Individual possesses an intermediate knowledge of engineering principles and concepts (tolerancing, drawing standards, CAD, measurement and inspection skills)
• Able to produce models/drawings, contributes to product development processes, performs and documents test protocols, completes ECRs.
• Advanced knowledge of several of the following areas: materials knowledge, machinability/moldability, strength of materials, motor sizing, control systems and electrical power systems.
• Able to develop design concepts from product specifications, design for assembly (methods of manufacturing and cost), creates test and product documentation, performs verification/ validation activities, creating travelers/work instructions, designs per IEC60601 standards.
• Good written and oral skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects.
• Must be able to handle multi-faceted task
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, if required to meet project schedules
• Some light travel may be necessary to meet with customers and vendors
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in mechanical or electrical engineering; with 10+ years related experience and/or training in a similar position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Solidworks, Advanced SolidWorks Knowledge preferred
• Experience with electrical routing/wiring documentation preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience in the medical device/medical products industry
• Experience with ISO 13485
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
**AAP/EEO Statement **
Qfix is an equal opportunity employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.