She’s been called the best ever game announcer… But what does it take to become an Einstein game announcer or to rise to the top in a male dominated position?
Join us on Tuesday, from 8:30-9:30pm Eastern on Let’s Draw Robots and hear straight from Detroit Championship Einstein game announcer Kori Bowns!
Post questions below or live in chat and come support this amazing person on air!
Watch and chat live: https://www.twitch.tv/firstupdatesnow
Giveaway provided by Word Play All Day if you watch live.
We’re looking for a couple more questions (thank you to those who PM’d me) for tonight’s show with Kori!
Also, download tonight’s coloring sheet and color along during the show: https://tinyurl.com/funldr8
As usual, I have questions:
- Do you do any vocal exercises before you start the day for announcing? Do you have any favorites that you do?
- Any advice on getting used to making the mic do the work when you’re announcing? I tend to get excited when things are happening and find my volume raises, and doing that a bunch over a weekend tends to wreck my voice by the time Sunday rolls around.
- When did you start GA’ing?
- What advice do you have for someone wanting to be the GA at events?
- How did you work your way up to becoming the champs Einstein announcer?
- What work do you do in the FIRST world outside of volunteering at events and being a GA?
Just want to say also that Kori is the best. She has helped tremendously with the Chicago FTC League and for those that don’t know her, she is a super friendly and tremendously awesome person!
About to start, come join us and chat! Awesome giveaways and all subs, tips, bits given on air will be recognized at the end of the show.
Thank you to everyone who tuned in for the live show last night and a huge thanks to Kori for her amazing insight! We had a great turnout especially for off-season and can’t wait to keep producing more shows for you every Tuesday at 8:30pm ET.
If you didn’t get a chance to hear more about what it takes to be a female announcer on Einstein view the archive here: https://youtu.be/oNkZDt1V6lw
Thank you, Kori and FUN, for an excellent view of a fully engaged FIRST volunteer. The dialog reminded me of the best volunteer-lounge and scoring-table-on-break conversations I have been privileged to join in over the years.
Young FIRSTers looking at the transition from student to volunteer will do well to emulate Kori, following her example and advice.