Fun Program for Math

Hi, My name is Garrett from Team 2472 and I am tring to create a program to calculate the Distance, Midpoint, Slope, and Equation of a line and then Graph the line. I have no idea how to do this and could use some help:) Thanks!

What is the input to this program? A pair of points?

Welcome to CD.

What is probably best is to search youtube for Labview tutorial. A quick search reveals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em5R_RM8E08. Many tutorials that are not made directly for FIRST can still be helpful.

Yes, the input is just the X1, X2, Y1,Y2 input.

Do you understand the match behind the assignment yet? If not, then do some searches for exactly what you’re asking for on google. You’ll find the equations to perform exactly what you’re asking for.

Assuming you know that, you’re going to want to go to the “block diagram”, create your mathematical constants, then use mathematical functions and wire the results to indicators for the answers.

If you’re looking for something more interactive, you’re going to need controls, a true/false case, and a while loop - but I’d start with the basic math first.

If you have any questions about any of those, I’ve used the exact terms you can use on google to do your searches. Also remember, as a rule, people on Chief Delphi will be more than willing to point you in the right direction, but they aren’t going to tell you exactly how to do it or write any of the code.