Fundraising Opportunity with K.C. Chiefs

Our team found out about an opportunity to volunteer at Arrowhead this season working in concession booths. Our team would receive a payment based upon the number of volunteers we have at each game. Looks like the minimum is $100 per volunteer per game. They also pay more per volunteer if we have can provide more volunteers. We are looking for any other K.C. area teams that may want to team up with us to maximize the fundraising for all teams involved. Team members volunteering have to be a minimum of 16 years old, and we also have to have at least 4 volunteers over the age of 21 for each game. If anybody is interested, I can get you more details.

3 Likes

1723 is definitely interested! Thanks for sharing!

I think we would be interested in it.

In my estimation we haven’t had the numbers to do it alone but we’ve discussed it before.

Our mentor Nick did it for a couple years when his kids were on a nationally competing shooting sports team in Miami County. He said the money was good and got better if you could show yourself to be reliable, that the percent take goes up. He said they would get their early and clean top to bottom and that extra effort got them asked back time and time again. They did Royals some too. He said in their experience that the biggest money place they worked was at the Speedway, and basically netted the sum of their Chiefs and Royals events in one 4 day weekend.

5013 - The Trobots would be interested in learning more!

Team 1710, The Ravonics Revolution, is very much interested and would like to learn more about it!

Direct Messages sent. If any other teams are interested, please let me know.

Payment for volunteering? Kinda defeats the purpose of volunteering imo

Calling it “volunteering” may not be the correct term. All I know it allows 501c3 organizations a way to earn money. Working a concession booth for a few hours and earning $100 for my team beats doesn’t sound like that bad of an idea to me. If we can earn enough money, to pay for one extra regional entry, my students think it will be time well spent.

I’d like to chime in that I’ve done a similar opportunity in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium, and it’s a great opportunity. It’s also pretty fun.

The way it works here is that you show up early, do the prep, work the event, and then stay after a bit to clean up. You get a meal voucher to cover one meal (each booth has a chart to make it clear what you can get with the voucher). Also, IIRC, it helps if you have adults who go through the training so they can sell alcoholic beverages (though that’s very state-dependent).

1 Like

Team 1806 is interested in learning more

We weren’t able to proceed with the program. Maybe we can try again next year. If so, I will post on here.