Funniest Injury Ever!?!

OK… whoever has been in the first chats lately will know what I’m talking about… but here is the full lengthen story for all to read and laugh and mock me for =D

OK… i guess ill finally make a post… so you can all laugh at how stupid i am… very long read but i figure its worth it!!!

On a few weeks ago me and my friends made a tee-time to go golfing for this past Monday… so we get there, and me, my 2 friends (Erin and James) and then we get paired up with this kid Steve who i used to golf with about 2 years ago (kinda a coincidence) so ya… every things going fine and we are all having decent rounds… up until the 6th that is…

On the 6th tee… Steve goes up first… he hits a very bad drive that goes way right and only about 100yards… but it was a high pop up… it was so bad… that it went onto the 5th green =X… we all freaked out and were like OMG OMG OMG!!! OMG wtf did you do kid!?! we were mad scared too cause after they finished up on the 5th green the guys came over and were like WTF!? and the 3 of were on the tee and Steve was almost shaking in the cart scared… it was hilarious (and the guy that he almost hit was hitting on Erin earlier (shes 17 he looked 30 scary…) that was just the start of it…

I hit an aw some drive… about 250 a little bit left but i still had a shot to get on in two… (a 460 yrd par 5)… so i go find my ball and realize Erin is behind me by about 50-75 yards… so i start driving back towards her full speed… i realize that I’m going right at her, so i press down the break and start slightly turning to the right to avoid her… about 25 yards away from her the brakes lock up… we (me and James in one cart) start spinning out, and i get flung out of the cart… as i fall out the bottom of the cart comes over my heel and drags (left foot) for about another 2-5 yards… i get up and they cant stop laughing… all 4 of us could not stop laughing…

I get up and feel a lot of pain in the heel… it hurt like crazy… but i wanted to play through while protesting Erin… she kept saying "dude somethings probably broken we should go in (mind you this is on the 6th hole)… i say no… and she has to pick up her ball after missing it 6 times from laughing so hard at my idioticy… So after that James did let me drive the cart… until one point later (which ill get too)… so i go to my ball… hit a great 5wood onto the front of the green… i end up 2 putting for BIRDIE!!! i was like… I’m defiantly not going in now while I’m doing this good… it was about 7 at this point and its starting to get dark so the 2 groups before us merged to make a 7 some (gg dirty minds) and they took forever on the par 3 7th… so the other group catches up to us and they start laughing cause they see me hopping along on one leg… so i hit a decent 7iron on to the back of the green… 2 putt… and par the hole… by this time my heel hurts even more from trying to walk on it…

The 8th hole par 4 dogleg left its about 200 to the bend… i hit a great drive and got it past the bend… so we go over there and Erin just hit and got back in her cart… she starts driving over to my ball… but on there way, a ball comes flying out of no where from the group behind us, and lands about 2 feet away from Steve!!! they were scared crapless and starting driving mad fast… i hurry up and hit my ball and drove over to James picked him up and we all drove wicked fast to the green and rushed putted… we all were freaked out so we drove up the 9th hole w/ the group of 7 in front of us… and got out of there as quick as we could…

I got back to my car… my heel in pain… and drove James home, and sat at home in pain until my mom got home… she brought me to ER, and we got X-rays which came back negative on any broken bones in the heel or ankle… but the doctor said it was a minimum Contusion of the Achilles tendon, and a possible tear… so I’m suppose to be on crutch’s for 5 days (Monday-sat)… if it still hurts on Monday I’m suppose to call an orthopedic to get an MRI or something to see if it is a tear… DUN DUN DUN… so ya… thats my story… Laugh and mock me all you want cause i have been doing that to myself as well…

you are free to call me Gimpy, Hop along, Sir Gimp A Lot, Gimp Boy, Hoppy, and Hobo (people say i look like a hobo with my long hair and the crutches and sandals)

+rep for me!?! =P

Aww! Ouch! Well, goes to show you not to fool around in a golf cart. Hope you feel better! =)

i am gonna say the same thing as i said in the chat room the time you told me the story… “you are an idiot.” :slight_smile:

I agree with Dori…haha

-Kyle

Okay… I hate to laugh at other people’s misfortune, but… I just can’t help it! I really hope you feel better hahaha… I’m sorry… I just have to call you gimp at least once, lol.

Poor Harry, Bash will make you feel much better. :cool:

If it makes you feel any better, I got my pants stuck in an escalator once…