[FVC]: Team 3652 Robot

Hey i’m trying to figure out how to put in a picture. If you don’t see anything, or something messes up please tell me.

Here is our robot. It is not 100% complete yet, but almost there, I just gotta change some gear ratios around.

It currently can hold 8 balls and score them all into high goal. I haven’t tested autonomous or hanging yet, but I’m expecting to score around 4 balls (hopefully 6) in autonomous)

The picture posted perfectly. It’s a bit difficult from the picture to figure out how the balls get moved up once in the device. Is it from the balls below pushing them up or tension from the chains? I’d love to compete against/with this robot, what competition will you be bringing this to?

the way the balls come up is a secret =)

but you will see, because we are going to michigan and Penn regionals =)

See you at the PA tournament, but where and when is the Michigan one? I haven’t seen any information about it, and it isn’t listed on the FIRST website…

ROFL

When I first looked at the thumbnail, I was like OMG… THEY DOWNLOADED LAST YEAR’S GAME PDF…

Only to realize that it was a little vex bot, not a full size bot. From the thumbnail those looked like poof balls.

Jacob

Great robot!

I’m curious, why did your team number change from 3267 to 3652?

“See you at the PA tournament, but where and when is the Michigan one? I haven’t seen any information about it, and it isn’t listed on the FIRST website…”

Someone sent emails about the regional. The web site is http://automationalleyvex.com/

"Great robot!

I’m curious, why did your team number change from 3267 to 3652?"

We created a new team to enter into 2 tourneys instead of being limited to one more. We had an extra 275$ lying around… so why not lol

Very cool robot! After the Championships in April, would you be willing to share videos and/or more photos?

I’m not sure there is any rule against doing that…but it seems like you created a 2nd team with the same members as the 1st once so that you could have a greater chance at qualifying for the Atlanta competition. If you had simply wanted to compete in a 3rd tournament you could do so; however, it would not qualify you for Atlanta. This would seem to definetly go against the spirit of Gratious Professionalism. Perhaps I misunderstand the situation.

thats a misunderstanding.

Its a completely different robot, built with different new parts.

The team represents another organization, and I am the only member that is repeated. Everybody else is new.

i see how it works…

that whole container of balls flips over the top…

hehe nice…

our robot thats going to Atlanta can hold 8 balls too…
we are just finishing the robot now…then comes programming…but we should be able to score 6 in autonomous

Actually the container of balls does not flip over =). If it did, our robot would tip.

You can’t tell from the picture, but I’ll upload a vid of it in operation after Michigan and Penn

Apparently this robot works quite well - congratulations on your win in Michigan!