G24 and coopertition

I believe that G24 as written unnecessarily discourages coopertition. The intent of this rule seems to be to stop teams from trying to knock over opponent stacks, and possibly to make sure there are no “litter catapult” robots. However, this rule should not stop teams from trying to get the coopertition points.

Here is my proposed revision (modified sections underlined):

G24 ROBOTS may not cause GREY TOTES, RECYCLING CONTAINERS, and/or LITTER to completely transfer from their side of the FIELD, or from the STEP, onto the opposite side of the FIELD. Additionally, ROBOTS may not cause YELLOW TOTES to completely transfer from their side of the FIELD, or from the STEP, onto the opposite side of the FIELD in the Playoff MATCHES.
VIOLATION: FOUL for each item. If egregious or strategic, RED CARD and offending ROBOT will be DISABLED.

Idk. Seems reasonable and necessary to me.

Yeah, today at the Lake Superior regional, we had several teams try to do coopertition but then get fouled because they accidentally knocked them over to the other side. It wasn’t too major, very few points were lost, but I see what you are saying for sure.

While I could see an exception for the accidents, there should still be a red card for transfer of yellow totes across the step when done for purposes of making an obstruction or knocking down stacks on the other side of the field.

It could be hard to tell if it’s on purpose though.
I like the rule the way it is. 6 points is not a huge penalty, and knocking something like 3 totes over onto the other side could affect the match by more than 6 points. It just means teams have to use a little more care in placement.
I haven’t attended a regional yet, so I don’t know how much care that would be.
I would want that to read 6 points per offence, not 6 points for each tote.