Galileo SCAM Ranking

I’d previously published a list of all team qualifying average scores greater than 90. There were 50 teams on that list. But since there was a large variation in Regional Event averages (eg. 41 @ Pittsburgh; 73 @ West Michigan), comparing robots solely on the basis of average score is misleading……So, I tried to neutralize the effect of Regional differences with an equation I called “Scoring Capability Analysis Model”. The acronym SCAM was purposely chosen so that no one would take this too seriously.

The SCAM number was calculated using the ratio of Team Average (TA) to Regional Average (RA) and makes an adjustment for performance consistency using the Team’s Standard Deviation (SD). The equation identifies teams that had high scoring averages relative to the other robots they competed against, and who also demonstrated consistently high scores – without a large variation from match to match. If you find yourself paired with one of these robots, expect a high score. If you’re competing against them, you might want to consider defense.

SCAM = (TA-SD)/RA

The Galileo Division Top 10 SCAM Robots are:

1. 5
  2. 1305
  3. 222
  4. 569
  5. 141
  6. 980
  7. 93
  8. 1405
  9. 971
  10. 518

Honorable Mention goes to Teams 27, 1218, 236, 284, 173, and 157 (who all had scoring averages over 90, but didn’t make the top 10 SCAM list).

I’m curious where 177 is on this ranking list. I’m assuming our performance at UTC dragged us down since we were working out the bugs all weekend.

Download the .xls file here.

BTW you are ranked 10th on the master metric list.