Game Design Results

I was wondering when and how we would hear about the awards we won or advancements into the next round, for the game design challenge. Would it be during our week?(For ex. If I am in Week 5 of competitions I would hear about our status in May 3 to May 7?)

At some point after the judges finish, which as I recall is nominally 4/15. I don’t recall anything more on that.

1 Like

It is my understanding from question 5 here 2021 Judging & Interview Process - Frequently Asked Questions | FIRST that each region or district will announce the all award winners in their region/district. I assume that your regional judge advisor or volunteer coordinator will provide the date of the awards ceremony, once they decide on it.

1 Like

Sort of correct…

The thing is that two teams from each group go to a round of non-interview judging. Then, if you’re one of the top 20 (or so) teams in THAT group you get an interview in June as a Finalist, and up to three win.

So for most of the awards you’ll know at the awards ceremony. For a couple of them, you might not.

1 Like
  • Expect Regions to schedule their award shows between May 9th and May 15th.
1 Like