Gas Strut Assembly End Fixtures

Posted by Janna.

Student on team #349, The RoBahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Company.

Posted on 11/9/2000 5:40 PM MST

In looking at the gas strut assemblies we received, we noticed that the two shorter ones had different endpieces. One has two triangular shaped ones, while the other has one triangular endpiece and one rectangular endpiece. Are these pieces supposed to be this way? If not, would you like us to bring it and exchange it? Thanks!

Janna
Team 349

Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 11/9/2000 8:53 PM MST

In Reply to: Gas Strut Assembly End Fixtures posted by Janna on 11/9/2000 5:40 PM MST:

Janna,

The struts should have identical end fittings. The large and the small have different brackets, but the same on both ends of the same strut.

Contact Martus for exchanges ([email protected])

Joe J.

Posted by Michael Martus.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central H.S. and Delphi Automotives Systems.

Posted on 11/12/2000 9:16 AM MST

In Reply to: sounds like a mistake… posted by Joe Johnson on 11/9/2000 8:53 PM MST:

I have checked our stock of extra parts and it seems that several have mixed up ends on them.

What has happened that last year teams have switched ends from one strut to the other. They were not supposed to have done that.

Our quality control team fell short on that part.

If any other teams are having a problem with the brackets let me know. At this time it would be best if local teams exchanged the part at our school and the distant teams changed them day of competition.

If you desperatly need something other than that contact me. (810) 402-0317