getting a picture using the axis camera

how do i get a picture using the axis camera in labview?

Perhaps you should look at the LV examples for vision. The performance or the rectangular target processing may be good ones to pick.

You also want to make sure the camera is properly configured and connected to either the laptop or the cRIO, depending on where you want the images to be sent.

Greg Mckaskle

i have and i am a newby at this so i didn’t understand much of it

There are two ways, the simplest is used on the dashboard and laptop driven apps. They tend to use the Read MJPG VI that does everything in one icon. It takes in some simple config params, and if it can’t keep up with the images will suffer from lag. the more complex version is used on the robot. It has an Open block, set param calls, and a Get Image call.

Greg Mckaskle

could you explain that in more detail please?

I’ve attached a screenshot from the Rectangular Target example. Since I don’t know where you want the image to be read from, it may be more appropriate to do what the Vision Processing VI in the framework code does.

Greg McKaskle

Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.09.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-01-24 at 7.09.08 PM.png

What do you want to do with this picture?

If you just want to see the camera image on the Dashboard, you need to do two things. Step one: configure the camera using the (newly updated) Setup Axis Camera program. Step two: plug it into the D-Link DAP router along with your cRIO.

There is no step three.

what is a d-link dap router. is it just the bridge?
sorry im a noob programmer

The D-Link DAP-1522 is a dual-band combination wireless bridge and access point, with a built-in four-port router. It can either create a wireless network or connect to an existing one. It’s used to establish communication between a robot and driver station without requiring a physical cable. The cRIO must connect to it. You can also plug in a network-capable camera and/or an ethernet-to-CAN gateway device.