Getting Java error when attempting to run the latest Radio Utility

When attempting to run the latest FRC Radio Utility we keep getting the following error.
A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
We’ve narrowed it down to the utility being compiled by a more recent version of Java Runtime but the latest Java 8 update isn’t recent enough. Even removing java and reinstalling it has yet to work. Is there a step we are missing in installing the utility?

I believe it was (accidentally?) built against the Java 11 target, so you would need to use that. I believe it should use the WPILib JDK if it exists, or you could install it manually. I’m not sure if they’re planning to release a new version with that fixed since Java 8 is supposed to be supported

1 Like

Fletch is correct. Because of a configuration error Java 11 is actually the minimum required. You can either get that from OpenJDK, or if you install 2022 wpilib the tool will pick it up.

Good Afternoon,
My team uses LabView and we get the same error when trying to open Radio Utility. How would we fix this?

Either install WPILib 2022 (github.com/wpilibsuite/allwpilib/releases) or install OpenJDK 11 or newer (adoptium.net).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.