girls: what's the lamest pickup line u've got from a guy at robotics comp?

just curious if any of the rest of you have desperate robotics guy stories.

just casue we’re geeks and like robotics doesn’t mean we’re desperate :smiley:

actually, I’ve never used a pick up line before, but I’m interested to see what funny/lame/wierd lines people have actually used.

Stephen

1 Like

*Originally posted by srawls *
**I’m interested to see what funny/lame/wierd lines people have actually used.

Stephen–me too. My lamest went something like…I’m standing next to my dad (GWRoss), and some guy walks up to me.
“That your dad?” he asks
I’m like, yah
He says, “So…i guess no one night stands for you?”
I just laugh, and he proceeds to give me the name and address of the hotel he’s staying at! i almost died laughing.
Although obviously from you picture we can see that you have no problems getting girls.

Although obviously from you picture we can see that you have no problems getting girls.

LOL, I wish. Actually, some guys on my team last year decided they were going to find a girl for me. So, they were talking to some girls on 433, and asked if they could “have their picture taken with some shy guy on our team.” Well, I was kind of embarrased when they approached me, but I can’t complain about the picture :smiley:

Oh, and, yeah, that one was pretty lame. But what about this: We were packing up at Philly, and I was standing next to a girl on our team. Some guy comes up and says to her “Do you find chest hair sexy?” I couldn’t believe he said that, I just started laughing, and began to walk away.

Stephen

ive gotta post this.
I was stading by the arena at WMR, and a kid comes up to me, amanda and ashleigh (my friends on the team) and hands us three team buttons. so far…this is normal at a comp. but, the buttons have “look on back” written in pen on the front, with the kids # on the back. it was funny

1 Like

/me points to his sig
:cool:

At a GLR some guy walked up to me and commented “nice robot maybe we can get together sometimes and stratagize” then as he walked away from me he turned and asked “do you sleep on your stomach because I’d love too”. What a pig! needless to say i might have not shown the f.i.r.s.t spirit but my grandmother would have been proud!:smiley:

Hey we have the worlds largest “chick magent” on our team we always know where to find him we just ask any girl we find.and she will be able to tell us.

The dumbest one i’ve heard @ a competition is this guy was talking to my friend and he was like your cute ,ya know if you were a booger i’d pick you!

Isn’t that sick???
the best one I’ve heard is: Can I have your pic? I wanna show Santa what I want for Christmas.

a guy came up to me tapped me on the shoulder and said
“you have sexy knees and i want you badly”

that wasnt the end of it but apparently he REALLY liked my knees and he was talking about whipped cream and such

2 Likes

Hey Steven, will you teach me your language?
hehehe…

At the beginning of my first year with Team 116, we were doing the standard activity of going around the room and asking everyone why they were interested in joining the team. One male student (whose name is being withheld to protect the innocent and/or stupid) offered the following:

“I want to be on the team to meet girls and get a date. I figure that it should be pretty easy, because any girls that want to be on a robotics team must be geeky and pretty hard up. So I should be able to hook up pretty easily.”

There were 12 girls on the team. My memory is a little foggy on this point, but I am not sure if he made it out of the room alive…

-dave

I am really glad I have the career that I do. But sometimes I wish I hadn’t been kicked out of DEVO.

2 Likes

wow…there are some pretty brave guys out there! The guys on my team try to stay within the team as to girls and everything, but then that goes against dating on the same team. There are some crazy line they use, but the best one was @ nationals my freshman year. A line of guys came up to me and my two friends(amanda & tiffany, who are on my team) and asked can we have a glow thingie while they were skipping around epcot following us. They wouldn’t stop skipping and singing “hi ho hi hoe it’s off to work we go” … Needless to say three years later and much hair dye we are still talking and looking forward to nationals again this year!!

Michelle

This isnt much of a pick up line… but are there any other girls who have had guys following them around and taking their picture, it happened to me last year and it was quite disturbing (you boys know who you are cough25cough)

asher

Do any of the girls have any new and interesting pick-up line that they use for the guys!!??

Michelle

Originally posted by asher *
**This isnt much of a pick up line… but are there any other girls who have had guys following them around and taking their picture, it happened to me last year and it was quite disturbing (you boys know who you are cough25
cough*)

asher **

Hey!!!

That works!!! Last year we didn’t do so hot during the competition and were trying to find ways to pick up our spirits. Well one of the adults had the idea to have one of our guys pose with as many girls as he could on Sunday. It seemed like every girl who came through the tunnel under the main seating area for Einstein was stopped. I think we blew like 4 or 5 rolls of film that way. That was awesome!

When we got to the airport we tried to continue the tradition but found out that airline travelers are more reserved than FIRSTers when it comes to having thier picture taken.:rolleyes: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO asher!

I’m a freshmen member this year, so I’ll probably be the first to be thrown out for a legal sacrifice for the lawyers… SO TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT ME. :smiley:
But of course, as a fan of Enron
I have no clue what you’re talking about. No videotapes or pictures were taken ::snip snip:: during the course of our stay at ::snip snipp:: Flordia for the FIRST Nat::snip snipp::ionals. We were on our best behavior ::takes letter from hotel… snip snip:: the entire time. ::gets chainsaw, fires it up::
Hey guys on 25, help me out on this one?
:smiley: :cool:

*Originally posted by M.O.E. Hoe *
**Do any of the girls have any new and interesting pick-up line that they use for the guys!!??

Michelle **

/me has never tried to pick up a guy at a robotics comp.

Hey, at our last robot meeting I used one. I said “You know, I’m taking a CPR class in a couple of weeks…do you want to help me practice?” It worked too! But I guess, since I said it to Eric and we’ve been together for quite a while, it doesn’t really count.

Here’s a link to a site that has some really funny (and disturbing) pick-up lines:
http://www.linesthataregood.com/

MissInformation

<============>
What’s my sign? Stop.

1 Like

I ended up hanging out with some guys from team 48 at our regionals… but I must say, I never had to deal with any lame pick up lines or anything. I actually exchanged emails with them. But I mean, it was funny cause one of em was like yea you have to bring your camera(forgot it the friday) cause you have to get a pic of me! Ehhhh it was cute. I miss my team 48 guys!
hugz to all as alwayz
Ann-Marie - team 783