glue

can you use any kind of glue to attach the bottem of the track or to attatch anything to anything.

From The_Robot.pdf
**M17 Robot wheels, tracks and other parts intended to provide traction on the playing field
(“traction devices”) may be purchased or fabricated. In no case, will traction devices
that damage the carpet or other playing surfaces be permitted. Traction devices may
not have surface features such as metal or hard plastic studs, cleats or other
attachments. The outer surface of off-the-shelf wheels may be modified by removing
tread material only. In no case may a traction device protrude beyond the bottom
surface of the Ramp mesh.
Gaining traction by using adhesives or Velcro-like fasteners material is not allowed. **

It took me 5 seconds to find that rule. You could have done this on your own.

*Originally posted by FotoPlasma *
**It took me 5 seconds to find that rule. You could have done this on your own. **

Jim, I don’t think that was what he was asking.
Please be careful before you yell at someone.

Glue is allowed for the purpose of attaching something to something else. It is allowable as a fastener.

For instance, you can legally glue a piece of tread onto something else.

Also, update 4, rescinded the rule that was quoted. I believe it IS legal to attach tread to off the shelf wheels. Can someone back me up on that?

PS - This thread (and others like it) should be in Q&A…

I’m sorry. I’ll try not to be so quick to snap, again.

Glue may be used as a fastener. However, you may not use glue to fasten your robot to the playing field.

As for the gluing treads to wheels, page 3 of team update 4 states that the following sentence should be DELETED from the rules: “The outer surface of off-the-shelf wheels may be modified by removing tread material only.”