GM Ice Cream

So we’re going to this GM event during competition, team 461 I mean. Who all else is a GM team that’ll be here? and is it a yearly tradition? ^^

Team 67 will be in attendance! woo ice cream! :smiley:

I think that one of our mentors said this is a yearly (minus last year) event.

-Pat McCarthy

We did it two years ago and it was tons of fun. Last year we just got together for pictures. I thought it wasn’t happening this year, but I’m probably wrong. At any rate, we’ll most likely be there.

It figures…the one year that I go to Nationals is the one where GM doesn’t give us free ice cream. Darn. :frowning:

On the plus side…at least we don’t have to go to the picture session again. I still remember getting up early…only to arrive and wait half an hour for another one of the teams (can’t recall which one) to show up. That was an experience I’m glad I don’t have to repeat…

I say that for everything that GM gives our team, I would more than gladly sit on cold concrete steps for waaaaaaaay more than an hour to take a group picture for them. Not trying to attack you or anything, but personally, yeah, I would be more than willing to do that for them at any time.

This will be our 7th Nationals. As I recall, 4 of the 6 Nationals held at Epcot included a GM ice cream party. They are very nice events where the teams and GM management can rub elbows.

Ken Loyd
Team 64

Hmmm… someone from a GM team wanna PM me the info about this, since my team doesn’t tell me about such things and I don’t wanna plan anything for the same time :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I didn’t think of that…and you’re right. GM has given us a lot, and I probably shouldn’t complain when they ask us to do something for them. Thanks for pointing that out. :slight_smile:

Hope you all have fun at Nationals this year…with any luck, we’ll be joining you again in 2005.

The GM ice cream party isn’t just an ice cream party. It is a way for GM to finally have all of the teachers students and mentors from their teams sit down in the same place. They give speeches and hand out awards. It’s a lot of fun. Someone remind Dave Vebrugge not to clothesline himself jumping around on tables.

No clue what you’re talking about with that one, but I’ll be sure to forward it to him.

From what I know, Team 234 will be attending. Not 100% sure yet though.

YES that means I get to attack Sam’s hair! And Ryan too… teehee.