Gmail Security

i love my gmail accounts, and so do many of us here on CD, but here is a website made by some people who don’t think as highly of it as i do.

http://www.google-watch.org/gmail.html

according to them, gmail archives all our mail permanantly and has programs that pick out keywords, gathering information about us. they say some of the messages are examined, and possibly sent to the government when they contain certain words, such as having “boxcutter” and “airplane” in the same message. it is even used to find people who make illegal downloads.

what do you think? good security or security gap?

Meh. It doesn’t bother me. If you have sensitive information that you don’t want getting out it shouldn’t be on a computer that is connected to the internet. Just keep it on a floppy…

I say it’s fine by me - not like I do anything illegal anyways…:smiley:

tinfoil-hat idiots

As the teacher in my web design class says, “We like to think e-mail is private, but it is not.”
As for a fact, google does scan your email for “keywords” to display advertisements that relate to your email. This helps them pay for the 1GB of space that they have given you for FREE. There are always pros and cons to everything, and if you are willing to take the risk, then you must be able to accept both.