Goal Lifting!?!?!?!

If a team lifts a goal completely off of the ground and your robot is designed to interact with the bottom platform of the goal and now it is above your robt frame does this DQ you or the robot that lifted the goals? Or something along that line

*Originally posted by kacz100 *
**If a team lifts a goal completely off of the ground and your robot is designed to interact with the bottom platform of the goal and now it is above your robt frame does this DQ you or the robot that lifted the goals? Or something along that line **

Yes. Any interaction with the underside of the bottom platform of the goal is illegal and you will be DQed for touching it. It is not illlegal to lift the goal up, so long as you do not touch the underside of the bottom platform. If another robot lifts the goal up high enough that your robot can drive under it and your robot touches the underside fo the goal (from my understanding) you would be DQed - because it is completely illegal to have any interaction with the underside of the bottom platform of the goal. Though I would like to see a robot that could lift the entire goal completely off of the ground - especially without touching the underside!! :smiley:

• Katie

*Originally posted by FIRSTAE2004 *
Though I would like to see a robot that could lift the entire goal completely off of the ground - especially without touching the underside!! :smiley:

Please see the following.

:slight_smile:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=2163&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3

bah. that isn’t completely off the ground. :smiley: although, it is rather impressive. we planned our robot to d osomething like that, but then kinda ran out of additional weight, so redesigned our systems.

*Originally posted by Ian W. *
**bah. that isn’t completely off the ground. :smiley: although, it is rather impressive. we planned our robot to d osomething like that, but then kinda ran out of additional weight, so redesigned our systems. **

Look closer and you’ll see the full shadows of the goals beneath the casters. It’s much more obvious on the right goal than on the left. The outside of the left goal is about 1 inch off the ground and the outside of the right goal is about 3 inches off the ground. The goals are uneven and drooping to the outside a bit because the top link of our arms were not yet adjusted when the picture was taken. The goals lift completely level now that the arm is adjusted.

-Chris

Sometimes a picture’s worth 1000 words. Sometimes seeing isn’t quite believing. Since you guys won’t be at the GLR or the WMR, all I can do is invite you to watch us at Nationals. :smiley:

Quick question with the goals being raised only 3 inches do you think that is safe enough from not being hooked on? What about an opposing robot just smashing into the goal and causing you to drop it. I don’t believe lifting a goal is the answer because it causes too much vulnerablily to a robot. If someone knows what I am talking about or disagrees with me please reply

ok, i’ll agree that the goal is off the ground, but a few question ,which you might not answer just yet…

1. How long does it take to get the goals in the air?

2. How strong is your arms?

3. What happens if you only have one goal?

if you don’t answer them, i understand. but, if you could, at least answer one of them. :smiley:

I’ll save Chris and Kevin the work on this one :slight_smile: I havn’t seen the robot pass the planning stages myself, but if you check out the link below, it answers all those questions. And you gain a hugh advantage by picking both goals up. Instead of a 130 pounds from the robot interacting with the floor, you have the 130 pound robot and two 180 pound goals. It’s like trying to push a VW Bug vs a Semi. The semi has the clear advantage. And if they loose enough weight to put the cvt back on, I can pretty much guarentee no one is going to be pushing them around very easily.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619

Kevin,

I saw that picture in the gallery before - that’s awesome! Great job, lol! What I meant to say was “I would like to see a robot that can lift the goals completely off the ground, high enough for a robot to go underneath!” Yea… :wink:

• Katie

We’ll wait for the competitions to start to reveal more.

Not only is lifting two goals a good idea, but if they can be spun around at the same time, that would be awesome!!! Take a look at www.Team60.net

yes, but then you must get two goals, or else your robot will tip over and that’s not good.

I just posted the reveal for MOE 2002 (who can lift goals) heres a link to the thread:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2718