Going to Orlando

My wife and I will be heading to Orlando this coming Saturday for 8 days. We haven’t been there for 15 years.
We will be going to Disney and Universal for 2 days each. The other two day we will be doing the touristy thing.
Can anyone (in Orlando or area) recommend so good places to see that aren’t very expensive? No other parks please.

2 Likes

I am not sure what your threshold for expensive is, but I’ll try to throw in a variety of options.

One of my favorite things to do are escape rooms and Orlando has some fantastic ones! This ranges $20-$30 per person for an hour and is tons of fun. Some of the best ones I personally have been to in the area are Escape Game Orlando, American escape game, and Escapology.

There’s also the Orlando Eye and the aquarium that are attached. Those are fun, if I recall about $40 a person.

If you’re looking for something cheaper and you’re renting a car, there’s always spending the day at the beach (either on the East or west coast) and there’s lots of natural springs just north of Orlando that can be fun to spend time at, and usually Orlando is not Cold enough for that to be a bad idea. I will update if anything else comes to mind, but I hope you enjoy your trip!

1 Like

There is the Kissimmee Air Museum about 6-7 miles south of Orlando. I didn’t notice anything indicating the admission fee so it may be best to call ahead. There is also Kennedy Space Center just over 50 miles to the east. Admission to KSC is $52 with a discount code.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I have been to KSC before. I would go if I could get a FIRST’er engineer to show us around :wink:

1 Like

When I went 4 years ago, the KSC tour bus took us by a (then) new SPACEX hangar. It would be cool to get a tour through that too.

1 Like

I just got an email from KSC with a link to this webpage. If you are a veteran, admission is free Nov 9-11. The Astronaut Encounters are a unique opportunity to have lunch with an astronaut and hear some of their experiences, first-hand, and ask questions.

1 Like

If you enjoy battlebots you absolutely need to check out robot ruckus at the orlando maker faire! Its one of the biggest robot events in north america and its happening next weekend, lucky!

1 Like

paging @Barry_Bonzack

1 Like

I wanted to go to the Maker Faire, but we will be getting in late the 9th and we have plans to go to Universal the 10th :slightly_frowning_face:

I really like him.

While at Universal:

1. Get the Butterbeer. Very good.
  2. Pumpkin Juice was also surprisingly good (though I tend to love pumpkin in all forms)
  3. Earl Grey Ice Cream in Diagon Alley is excellent.
  4. Clotted Cream Ice Cream in Diagon Alley isn’t worth it, unless you like eating plain cream cheese by itself.
  5. Hagrid’s Motorbike was well worth the 1.5 hour wait. Linear induction motors are fun.

Source: Was there two weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like