Got vanity license plates?

Michigan won’t allow a 4-digit number/3 letter combo because it’s their standard format plate. Otherwise yeah, I would have had that rather than my RUSH (the BAND) plate.

I just checked Missouri, ROBOT, ROBOTS, ROBOTZ, TROBOT, 5013, and all versions with 0 instead of o are unavailable.

Kind of makes me wonder who has the TROBOT ones as no one on the team currently is using int.

the extra zeros are to align with Michigan plate standards from 1963

14 Likes

“FRC XXXX” should be coming up in the sequence, possibly sometime next year. (We’re on plates starting with E now.) Somebody might get lucky.

8 Likes

Oh man. The car is even cooler than the plate!

4 Likes

Michigan no longer allows any 7 character vanity plates. They used to, we have another one that’s grandfathered in, but 6 character limit now.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I tried to get FRC1506, but of course, it was rejected. And that’s also interesting that it’s gone from 7 to 6 characters… glad I got mine when I did.

Don’t mind the Michigan dirt road cars. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d love to have a Koko Ed one made but I think I checked in the past and it wasn’t available.

1 Like

You’re in luck - it will say that it’s not available otherwise.

Getting this one for my car

5 Likes

Do you mean no 7 letter plates? I just got 0857VAN here in Michigan.

Well since no one else has posted it, here’s a classic.

(The answer is always a Miata)

16 Likes

“(The answer is always a Miata)”

Not quite, it is

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

15 Likes

Thanks!
My daily driver isn’t quite as interesting, but at least they are both manuals. And both properly plated :wink:

11 Likes

15 Likes

Is this the car with the High Rollers brake calipers?

Not a vanity plate, but one year we rented a U-Haul trailer and its license plate was AHB4276. Literally blew the students’ minds.

1 Like

I promised my team I would get a personalized license plate when they won their first blue banner. As of 2020, I’ve been rocking a 4855FAN license plate on my car. They keep asking me what I’ll do for the next blue banner. I’m still thinking about that…

That same plate was also on a couple of MINI Coopers prior to the Miata, so it’s not always the answer. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Did somebody say MINI Cooper? Yeah I got a picture of one of those too:

1 Like

LOL, just standard calipers.