Great Lakes Regional Venue

Posted by Nate Smith.

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Ypsilanti HS/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 11/5/99 1:31 PM MST

Hey there everybody…FIRST just posted regional event information on their web site(hotels, etc), and I noticed that they moved it back to Bowen Fieldhouse at EMU. I’m assuming this was because of the complaints re. pit space at the Convocation Center last year…anybody know for sure? Personally, I don’t mind the change, since I’ll be going right from class to work at the event…see everybody there!

Nate

Posted by Susanne Krussell.

Coach on team #349, RoBahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Posted on 11/6/99 3:25 PM MST

In Reply to: Great Lakes Regional Venue posted by Nate Smith on 11/5/99 1:31 PM MST:

Well Nate, if it is true that we are back at Bowen Field House, I couldn’t be happier. I liked it better than the Convocation center.

Parking could be a problem though, with the increase in participants.

Posted by Nate Smith.

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Ypsilanti HS/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 11/11/99 7:09 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Great Lakes Regional Venue posted by Susanne Krussell on 11/6/99 3:25 PM MST:

: Parking could be a problem though, with the increase in participants.

Don’t have a car here yet myself, but I’m a student at EMU, so I’ll try and figure out where the best places for everybody to park will be…I imagine they’re going to drop the restrictions on using some of the parking lots, but I’ll get ahold of DPS to make sure…see everybody in Ypsilanti!

Nate Smith

Holland FIRST Robotics Team #74 - '98, '99
GM Mystery Machine - '00
WMRC Scoring Coordinator - '98-'00
FIRST Great Lakes Regional Crew Member - '00

Posted by Nate Smith.

Posted on 11/9/99 1:46 PM MST

In Reply to: Great Lakes Regional Venue posted by Nate Smith on 11/5/99 1:31 PM MST:

I just e-mailed FIRST about a few things, and asked about the change in venue back to Bowen Fieldhouse. According to KC Connors, the event is back at Bowen this year, due to a conflicting sporting event at the Convocation Center. See everybody there!

Nate Smith

Holland FIRST Robotics Team #74 - '98, '99
GM Powertrain/Ypsilanti HS/Willow Run HS Team #66 - '00
WMRC Scoring Coordinator - '98-'00
FIRST Great Lakes Regional Crew - '00