Great Lakes

Wow…

A little supprising how there hasn’t been a thread started allready on the largest FIRST regional. (I think)

201 is leaving tommorrow morning at 6:00 AM, and I can’t wait. Quite a few teams will be unvailing their bot there (71, 111, …) Should be quite an interesting competition.

Good Luck to all teams going. However, not to dissapoint you now, but 201’s going to win. :smiley:

See you all there!

Jack

PS: I don’t know how i’ll handle the seperation from CD for 3 days though. :wink:

I’ll be there on Saturday, so come say hi if you can find me… :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Jack *
…Good Luck to all teams going. However, not to dissapoint you now, but 201’s going to win. :D…

Well, after our showing at Pittsburgh, i’m sure that you will be hard-pressed to find somebody that will beat our strategy.

Good luck to all teams, and if you wanna talk to me, i’ll be the one on team 5 with the red hair!!! (Just look in our pit!)

P.S. There shouldn’t be any “junk” talkin’. I’m against this, but hey, it’s fun!

yeah, its gonna be great. we are leaving 7:15ish as we are 20 minutes away. Hope to see ya all there! we wont win though. hopefully i’ll be driving our bot. lots of AAAAAAA!! ing will occur i assume :slight_smile: we feel so bad about starting that too :rolleyes:

meh… inspection… so tired…

sigh If anyone there wants help going over their robot quick in the morning before it gets inspected just find me, i’ll be wearing my first crew shirt and buttons for 862, and my william gibbins name tag =)

Well… after some coding vs wiring mix-ups I think we’ll be all set to be competitive tomarrow. I didn’t get much of a chance to go around and see all the bots and how they work, nor see practice matches but from what I did see there is a lot of competition out there.

217: has a pretty neon green stacker, which I believe stacked 4 or more, as well as being a fast autonomous. Was really funny to see them overshoot the turn to the center and smash into the lexan almost perfectly centered. :slight_smile:

Jack: 71 isn’t at Great Lakes

111: I was a little confused as to what it did because they were working on their swivel-wheels when I walked by. Looks like either a ‘ramp creator’ or a ‘ramp blocker’

Feds: Looks nice, but that was a dastardly tip you guys took.

33: Nice, fast bot, broke their shifter during a tangle with us. I hope we didn’t cause it and that you were able to fix it.

Lotta nice teams, I’m impressed

where can i get the webcast?

217: has a pretty neon green stacker, which I believe stacked 4 or more, as well as being a fast autonomous. Was really funny to see them overshoot the turn to the center and smash into the lexan almost perfectly centered.

Look for the scar on the face of the Thunderchicken. It should say “TechnoKats” on it :smiley:

From what I’ve seen, 111 looks to be a very cool robot. (No I’m not there).

:slight_smile:

Stupid
V V V V

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey you guys, great job on the competitions today. I’d gladly like to congradulate all of the teams who worked really hard on ranking in the top 10. Good luck to all in the finals tomorrow. See you later.

Go 1037!!!

Anyone hear about 470’s inspection problem Thursday?

We were 129.5lbs phew
We were 36.5" long eek

470 is an Ypsilanti team (which is also where competition is) so our mentor ran (drove) to our build room, grabbed a portable bandsaw and within the hour we were 35.75" long.

Houston Here We Come!

I thought the competition was really boring. There was hardly any stacking at all. Just bulldozing the bin wall and random pushing around.

true, would be nice to see some stacking actually happen. Only stacking I saw was Thunderchickens during practice rounds

I think “Stack Attack” really means attacking pre-made stacks, not actual stacking.

too long for stacking. especially us. still, ratherize go over the ramp.
congrats to team 302!:smiley:

*Originally posted by MBiddy *
**I thought the competition was really boring. There was hardly any stacking at all. Just bulldozing the bin wall and random pushing around. **

You probably haven’t followed some of the other regionals which went in basically the same fashion. Some of the matched were really exciting though, but any match where you drive over a robot and park on them at the end makes me smile (Where’s that play of the day this year? :frowning: ).

Great Lakes Regionals was awesome! We didn’t make it to the semi finals but hey, It was fun just being there!:smiley: I’d like to thank all of our alliances for making this an unforgettable experience!:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to Team 783 for being our alliance partner in two matches. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all of our alliance partners for helping too. Congrats to 302, 67, and 226 for their victory today. See you all at Nationals.

Thanks again 302 and 67 for picking us for your alliance!

302 was incredible playing in every match of the elimination rounds. Team HOT you guys are the only ones I saw there that could efficiently stack (and carry 6 across the ramp) fantastic robot. Thanks again we are so excited to be able to now go to nationals!!

Congrats to all of the finalists, it was an incredibly tough crowd.

Wildstang, Nachi, Rush you guys were incredible out there

Yeah, there was a lot of good teams out there. 67 was a really good stacker and the only successful one. Our original plan was to do something very similar but it didn’t work anyway. The stack of 6 I found was amazing until I saw them fall. But still, there was a lot of good matches out there.