GSR Question

Like the Boston question posted earlier, does anyone remember if Granite State Regional tends to fill up fast?

It really is just days until October 1st!

Trying to Help

Last year I believe that GSR filled up on the first day of registration. We waited a bit too long and didn’t get in originally. However, our team received a grant from BAE that required us to attend the GSR, so we had to do a bit of behind-the-scenes work and we were eventually admitted.

This year, in order to avoid a repeat, we are planning to register ASAP on Thursday. However, I do see that the event is being listed with a capacity of only 38 teams, whereas traditionally they have had somewhere closer to 45 teams competing. Perhaps they are intentionally limiting initial registrations to make sure they have room for teams caught in a situation like we were last year.

Also note that the new WPI Regional should alleviate some of the pressure on GSR.

Thanks! Coupled with the other thread about TIMS being slow and we’ll have to make sure that someone has the time to devote to signing up in the morning.

Trying to Help

Registration opens at noon, so your TIMS person needs time in early afternoon.

The regionals are holding back 10 spots for new rookie teams. They tend to do this every year. I’m not sure if this year it is more transparent or what, but it seems that there is a little bit of confusion. This means the actual capacity of the Granite State Regional is closer to 48 teams (which is where it has been in the past) and the capacity for the WPI regional is 36 teams.

Yes, the Granite State Regional fills up nearly immediately. Last year, registration opened at 12:00, and by 1:40pm, the Granite State Regional was full. It was the first regional to fill up. We did not initially get in (I registered too late) but we were instead wait-listed and did get into the tournament when rookie spots were later freed up.

If your team plans to attend the Granite State Regional, your mentor needs to be logged in and registering right at 12 noon EST.

See the thread on 2009 Registration for more info.

Yes! We just signed up. TIMS seemed to be fine, confirmation email received.

Trying to Help

Glad to hear you’re in! We’re in, too, as of 12:02.

Now, as of 12:12, there are 20 teams registered; only 18 slots left…

12:20

Registered Teams 35
Open Capacity 3

GSR is full

Man, GSR fills up fast:ahh:

Some interesting teams are on the list:

Team 78 from Rhode Island(according to TBA there is no team 78, wonder if it might be 121 by mistake)
Team 156 The New Hampshire veteran test team
Team 1547 from Canada
Team 2386 from Canada

Looks like this will be one fun year at GSR

BAE Granite State Regional just filled up for open registration as of 12:18pm – 38 teams registered, open capacity is 0.

Glad to see a couple international teams this year!

Who’s in at the BAE Granite State Regional:

Note that 10 spots have also been reserved for rookies, so there should be more rookies added, as well as up to 10 teams from the wait list.

Nope, Team 78 is a new FRC team from Newport County. Stay tuned for more info coming soon!

GREAT! Now i’m really scared of team 78.:wink:

Not too much Maine on that list. :frowning:

Other than that, quite a few familiar numbers. Looks to be the regional it always is, hopefully I can skip down and catch some of the action!