Gyro Chip Code

Posted by Frannie Johnson at 2/15/2001 8:35 PM EST

Student on team #74, Hotheads, from Holland High School and Haworth.

We have been having trouble with the gyrochip code. Wondering if someone had a copy of the default program with the gyrochip code already installed? Please let us know if we could get a copy of it, Thanx Alot!
Team 74

Posted by Matt Leese at 2/15/2001 10:10 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Fiber Technologies & RIT.

In Reply to: Gyro Chip Code
Posted by Frannie Johnson on 2/15/2001 8:35 PM EST:

What exactly do you mean by “the gyro chip code”? That could mean several different things. And even assuming that you mean code to use the gyro to autobalance the bridge, I doubt any team will share it with you and instead consider it a “trade secret” for this years competition. I suggest either giving up the autobalancing or find a way to do it yourself.

Matt

Posted by Tim Gates at 2/15/2001 10:45 PM EST

Engineer on team #288, RoboDawgs, from Grandville High School and X-Rite/Delphi.

In Reply to: Gyro Chip Code
Posted by Frannie Johnson on 2/15/2001 8:35 PM EST:

Hey Frannie:

We attached the gyro chip right away to last years robodawg and ran it up the ramp to check it out. It balanced 10 out of 10 times. We had it mounted directly to the chassis without any shock mounting and it’s null (130)started drifting towards 120, I think because of the pounding going up and down the ramp, but it worked great and we are shock mounting it on the foam available from small parts. I think we ordered enough to share if you need a srip for your chip. I live in Zeeland, I was on team #85 Zeeland High School/Drawform my first three years in the competion and this is my third year with Grandville High School. If you haven’t got your bot to balance, let me know and your welcome to my code.

Posted by Frannie Johnson at 2/16/2001 7:58 PM EST

Student on team #74, Hotheads, from Holland High School and Haworth.

In Reply to: Re: Gyro Chip Code
Posted by Tim Gates on 2/15/2001 10:45 PM EST:

Hello!
Thanks for responding to our SOS so quickly. We have the gyro chip all hooked on the hardware end, but are having trouble with the code. If you could send us a copy of your code it would be fantastic! My email address is [email protected] or if you would prefer to get it to us another just let me know. Thanks a whole lot!
Frannie

Posted by Nick at 2/16/2001 9:47 PM EST

Student on team #240, Mach V, from Jefferson Monroe High School and Visteon.

In Reply to: Re: Gyro Chip Code
Posted by Frannie Johnson on 2/16/2001 7:58 PM EST:

I would like to see what you did in the code as well. Could you please email me a copy at [email protected]
Thanks