Haloween

I know it’s a little early, but I just thought I’d make this offer now so that those who are interested can round up the supplies.

Most teenagers I know like to be gory at Haloween. I will be happy to pass on my knowledge of how to make realistic looking scars with theater makeup.

Also, to give some of you poor suffering kids who can’t wait until kick off something to do;

Tell me what you like to do for Haloween?

Do you play pranks?

Do you think you’re too old to trick or treat?

Etc.

Let me know if you’re interested in the makeup thing and I’ll be happy to post instructions.

I want to start off by saying, HALLOWEEN SHOULD BE A NATIONAL HOLIDAY!! (I am a little biased though)

Mischief night is my Birthday! (Oct-30) w00t!!! So Halloween is in my blood (pardon the really bad pun).

No more trick or treating for me, this is what I do all October now, <shameless plug>THE HAUNTED GRAVEYARD @ LAKE COMPOUNCE</shameless plug>](http://www.hauntedgraveyard.com) , well except the one weekend I wander up north to Salem Massachusetts for the Haunted Happenings experience up there!

About half of my team volunteers at the Haunted Graveyard. If anyone in FIRST land is in the neighborhood of this truely spooktacular experience stop by. Oh and wear a FIRST symbol of some sort, so myself and all the people on my team can scare you especially!!!

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *
Mischief night is my Birthday! (Oct-30) w00t!!! So Halloween is in my blood (pardon the really bad pun).

Mmm, sorry to break it to ya, but Halloween’s on the 31st of October.

*Originally posted by Doanie8 *

Mmm, sorry to break it to ya, but Halloween’s on the 31st of October. **

I know that, but the night before Halloween is Mischief Night. And that’s my B-day!
Missed Halloween by a little more than an hour!
Oh Well, maybe my next life!

ah, gotcha. I’ve never heard of Mischief Night, maybe its an East Coast thing.

This year I think I’ll go trick or treating with my friends again. We don’t use costumes, we’re between 16-19 years old and there are about 6 of us but its fun. Best of all people get a kick out of, " Forget the candy we want you to sponsor our robotics team…but if you can’t sponsor us I see that blow pop in your hand"

p.s. I had 2 bags full of candy last year using this line; no sponsorships:(

Blow pops kick @!#@!#@!#.

My family has a tradition of setting up an elaborate system, consisting of an infrared sensor, a strobe light, a tape deck, and a fog machine. This year, we’re going to try to automate it, using an old computer… Should be fun.

In other news, I’m going to neglect shaving for a while, wear a forest green shirt, and bell bottoms, and go as Shaggy from Scooby Doo… :smiley:

*Originally posted by Doanie8 *
**ah, gotcha. I’ve never heard of Mischief Night, maybe its an East Coast thing. **

We used to celebrate it when we lived in (Midland) Michigan … when I moved to Wisconsin, it just wasn’t here!

I’m not going trick or treating this year :frowning: Iwill be handing out candy instead! For the past two years, my friend and I would sit on his porch dressed up, with a bowl of candy between us. We put a sign in front of the bowl that said, “Sorry we’re not home! Please take a handful!” Then we would sit perfectly still looking like we were just decorations (we had leaves sticking out of the bottome of our pants and masks on - the whole bit). Kids would come up and think, “Hey - no one’s home so how are they ever going to know if we take more than one handful”. The kids would proceed to fill their bags and after about the three handfuls we would jump up and scream. The kids would usually drop their bags and run off. It was great :smiley:

• Katie

I usually hang out a home. I also set up a complicated (read: just a fog machene) nice set up with fog. Nice.

As for dressing up, I never got into it. I thought it was too fake. Although I am looking at that Horizons ride system and using that for a haunted house, if anybody has around $130,000 to spare, I’d like to have it! :smiley:

I’m sorry to hear that you will be stuck with hand-out duty Katie.
Here’s acouple of suggestions that might make it more fun:

My ex would always make the neighborhood kids do a trick (juggling, sing a song, do a dance) before he gave them any candy. One year we got a pretty good variety show going on the front porch.

When my kid brother took his shift, he would hand out other thigs besides candy. Some kids would end up with old socks, hairpins, rubberbands , and various bits of junkmail. One kid thought he’d hit the jackpot when My brother handed him one of those “FREE AOL!” CD’s (Glorified coaster in our house. we have a huge collection of them).

The kids seemed to get a kick out of it. I was amazed that our house never got vandalized afterward.

I buy candy every year, but we never get any kids (we live in a condo). Last year the candy went to the robot team after Halloween, and it probably will this year. And yes, I will always buy candy, because I know if I didn’t buy any, kids would show up. We always go to at least one Halloween party (one year we went to three in one day) I always dress up for work, even if I know no one else is (like last year). I’m going to be either a dragon or a demon for this year’s party with a “scary” theme. I’ll wear the same thing to work, even though the wings will get caught on everything, and I’ll clear my desk at least once with them, and I’m not sure how I’ll sit down with the tail on…

Where I grew up, Mischief Night was always called Moving Night, and meant a lot of soaped up windows and cracked eggs.

MissInformation

<===========>
“Life’s no fun without a good scare” The Nightmare Before Christmas

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *

No more trick or treating for me, this is what I do all October now, <shameless plug>THE HAUNTED GRAVEYARD @ LAKE COMPOUNCE</shameless plug>](http://www.hauntedgraveyard.com) , well except the one weekend I wander up north to Salem Massachusetts for the Haunted Happenings experience up there!

Elgin - does Boulder Dash run during The Haunted Graveyard? If it does, I’ll come visit.

*Originally posted by Michael Krass *

Elgin - does Boulder Dash run during The Haunted Graveyard? If it does, I’ll come visit. **

Oh man, everything happens the weekend before Halloween!

There’s bash @the Beach, Haunted Graveyard, and SCA (medeival reinactment type group) is having thier Fall Crown Tournament in Manchester. Oh no! What am I going to do!
I don’t want to miss the bot action, or disappoint the diabetes group (Trina and the Mancini Brothers from 237 have been shamelessly badgering me), or miss my chance to go back in time! Oh the humanity! Oh the suffering of indecision!

I’m SO going trick or treating with my friends.
I’m not really into scaring little kiddies, but my dad fixes up the garage with a bunch of tricks and gadgets…including black and strobe lights. And it’s just really pretty. The past coupla years I helped him pass out candy. I always wanted to lay in the coffin we had on display and pretend I was dead, and then open my eyes suddenly when the older kids were looking. :stuck_out_tongue: I never got to though. So sad.

I’d like to find a super-huge superman costume with one of those plastic face masks that scratch your eyes out. That would be cool.

I’d like to go to a haunted house…I think some of the local churches have them. Uhh…haunted church. I dunno :stuck_out_tongue: Lot’s of hayrides and stuff…

I want to get some friends together and go as the Teenage Youth of America, into whose greedy and self-absorbed hands the world will be placed when all the candy-hander-outer-parents retire. Scary!

You might want to spend your hard-earned American currency while it’s still worth something!

*Originally posted by Michael Krass *

Elgin - does Boulder Dash run during The Haunted Graveyard? If it does, I’ll come visit. **

You Betcha!! They run all the “Big Kid” rides the nights of the Haunted Graveyard and even run Boulder Dash without any lights along the tracks, well maybe some strobe lights!

ive got 6 people together and we are being the ninja turtles and splinter and shedder, im being donetello of course, the scientist

i was suprised to hear that people havnt heard of mischief night, i thought that was pretty much a given, oh well, maybe its an east coast thing, but its still great fun!!!

*Originally posted by Ragin_Kage *
**ive got 6 people together and we are being the ninja turtles and splinter and shedder, im being donetello of course, the scientist

i was suprised to hear that people havnt heard of mischief night, i thought that was pretty much a given, oh well, maybe its an east coast thing, but its still great fun!!! **

I’m from the East Coast and I’ve never heard of it…
Of course I lead a sheltered life. The most exciting thing thing I’ve ever done is planning to get a tattoo this weekend.

*Originally posted by SolderQueen *
**The most exciting thing thing I’ve ever done is planning to get a tattoo this weekend. **

of Wetzel?

-dave