'hanging' ?

Posted by Matt Hugo.

Coach on team #397, K I T, from Flint Southwestern Academy and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 1/15/2000 9:58 AM MST

Hello everyone,

If picking up an alliance partner is worth 10 pts, then is it also true that an alliance partner can drive onto your robot and not be touching the floor and recieve the points? Just food for thought…

M. Hugo
Team 397

Posted by Jerry Eckert.

Engineer from Looking for a team in Raleigh, NC sponsored by .

Posted on 1/15/2000 10:04 AM MST

In Reply to: ‘hanging’ ? posted by Matt Hugo on 1/15/2000 9:58 AM MST:

: Hello everyone,

: If picking up an alliance partner is worth 10 pts, then is it also true that an alliance partner can drive onto your robot and not be touching the floor and recieve the points? Just food for thought…

That is correct. See Q25 in Team Update #2.

Jerry

Posted by Eric Rasmussen.

Engineer from FIRST.

Posted on 1/15/2000 10:32 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: ‘hanging’ ? posted by Jerry Eckert on 1/15/2000 10:04 AM MST:

: : Hello everyone,

: : If picking up an alliance partner is worth 10 pts, then is it also true that an alliance partner can drive onto your robot and not be touching the floor and recieve the points? Just food for thought…

: That is correct. See Q25 in Team Update #2.

Just be careful when you are counting points here. Being off the floor is worth 10 points for the alliance. Holding someone off the floor does not get you 10 more points, it only gets you the 10 for them being off the floor.

-Eric

Posted by Matt.

Student on team #69, HYPER, from North Quincy High School and Gillette.

Posted on 1/16/2000 9:38 AM MST

In Reply to: ‘hanging’ ? posted by Matt Hugo on 1/15/2000 9:58 AM MST:

: Hello everyone,

: If picking up an alliance partner is worth 10 pts, then is it also true that an alliance partner can drive onto your robot and not be touching the floor and recieve the points? Just food for thought…

: M. Hugo
: Team 397

I would think so, but I am not sure, you might want to check up on it with FIRST.