Hard Time Keeping Connection with Robot

Lately we have been having issues keeping connection with our robot. This problem happens in the middle of teleop so far but does not give any warnings such as automatically disabling teleop, red bar connection in “communication”, “robot code”, or “joysticks”. The robot simply stops moving or receiving input from the driver controller. I have tried re-imaging the robo rio, re-configuring the radio, and checking connections such as the Ethernet cable. The only way to fix this problem is to redeploy robot code and disconnect/reconnect to the wifi and hope that it will work. This issue has only occurred when I started using PID Commands though I don’t know whether it is correlation or causation in this case. Checking the driver station console I get this error:

Warning 44002 Ping Results: link-bad, DS radio(.4)-bad, robot radio(.1)-bad, roboRIO(.2)-bad, FMS-bad FRC: Driver Station ping status has changed. Driver Station

Though I believe this may be simply due to reconnecting to the robot wifi. My theories as of now are: maybe bad wiring, this project is imported from 2021 to 2022 FRC VS Code, code consumes too much RoboRIO computing resources, or my wifi card/windows software are causing the issue. This has significantly slowed our progress with programming our robot so any help is very much appreciated.

Warning 44002 Ping Results: link-bad, DS radio(.4)-bad, robot radio(.1)-bad, roboRIO(.2)-bad, FMS-bad FRC: Driver Station ping status has changed. Driver Station

This means your computer was no longer able to see the radio. The roborio isn’t part of the issue yet, as the radio is ‘closer’ to your computer and it cannot be reached.

I would suspect it is laptop related if you are having wifi issues. I’d recommend testing with an ethernet, USB, or a different laptop if able. If it works in any of those configurations, it rules out the robot as being the root cause.

As a big QoL update, I recommend you have two methods to communicate with the internet/your robot. We have a usb to wifi dongle that we use. It allows you to stay connected with your robot for deploying code and stay online for troubleshooting.

Have you look through the Log from the Drive Station?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.