Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

If you’ve seen the Chamber of Secrets movie, please post your opinions. I thought the movie was great, it matched the story line and had some great visual effects. I definately recommend you see it, right now. Go! … okay now that you’re back, post your comments.:slight_smile:

I never got into the books. I read 3 chapters and it just fell from my hands to the ground.

The movie dosn’t look anybetter either. Sure, good for Potter fans, but for us regular ‘Joes’ (no pun intended) I wouldn’t bend over backwards to see it.

Now, Treasure Planet, that looks good.

I had never read the books or anything. In fact I was sick of seeing Harry Potter everywhere. and then I was pretty much forced to sit down and watch the first movie…

I own all 4 books in the hardback set and the first one on DVD. I really do like them now. My girlfriend is on a cruise right now, so I am waiting for her to get back before I go see the new movie…

I don’t know how they are going do finish all of these without the actor who played Dumbledor, he fit the part so well! RIP

BTW…there was a release that the series will end at 7 books…

Harry Potter looks lame. Now THE LORD OF THE RINGS that is a really great movie!:cool:

I went to see the movie with my girlfriend tonight. I thought it was really good. I enjoyed the books, and I thought the movie was very well done.

*Originally posted by AdamT *
I don’t know how they are going do finish all of these without the actor who played Dumbledor, he fit the part so well! RIP

There is a rumor that Christopher Lee will be replacing him. Christopher Lee is the actor who plays Saruman in LOTR, and Count Dooku in Star Wars.

A group of us(15 or so) went and saw it tonight. It was great! We were all amazingly hyped and skipping/galavanting around the town center, had a amazing time.
Heading to Heathers house later, however, was a car smashed into a tree, on fire. I pulled the driver away from the car due to fear of gas tank+fire, and he was very obviously drunk.
Roads were wet, apparently he was racing another car, was drunk, lost control, got stoped by a tree.

Long story short, that was a very real and huge reinforcement of the don’t drink and drive bit. The car litteraly looked like it was taken from a poster in drivers ed.

Sobering story, and forever a part of “How was Harry Potter?”

Wetzel

I credit BMW enginners with saving his life.

It was great. I thought the casting was awesome, everyone fit their parts. The acting was mediocre, but who cares… I still loved it. :smiley:

Harry’s the coolest!

basks in her pool of dorkiness

I’m glad some of you have enjoyed it as much as I did :), I was all decked out in a harry potter blanket someone gave to me, so I tied it around me and used it as a cape :wink: This was all in celebration of my birthday, about 16 people including me went and watched it.

For those of you who are totally against it, and haven’t given it a shot yet, please do, you won’t regret it.

*Originally posted by Courtneyteam330 *
**Now THE LORD OF THE RINGS that is a really great movie!:cool: **

Indeed, The Two Towers looks like it will top harry potter, it truley looks amazing. I’m reading it now.

wow…i got dragged to it…never seen the first one…quite…interesting shall we say…

LOTR FOREVER!!!

Who thinks the Lord of the Rings is better than Harry Potter? I DO!!! I think we should start a poll about that! I don’t even intend 2 c Harry Potter. I am a devoted LOTR fan and that would be like going 2 the dark side! lol FRODO LIVES!!!(and he rocks 2 ) :slight_smile:

I plan on seeing the second installment of the Harry Potter series pretty soon, perhaps tomorrow (Sunday). I’m a big fan of the books, and wasn’t displeased with the first movie, so I’ll bet I’ll like this one.

As for this whole Lord of the Rings vs. Harry Potter argument, I have to say I much enjoy both series of books. Just because you really love one does not mean that you necessarilly have to hate the other. Just today, I bought the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of The Ring (the basic one, not the insanely expensive version ).

i saw the movie on opening day and i must say that i was quite pleased with it. i thought the first film was lacking, but this one was really good. the special effects were much better this time. there really was magic in the air. lol. the story line was very true to the book.

i saw it with two other friends, one of them a fan and the other not. the non-fan one has never read any of the books. she has seen the first film and was not impressed by it. even then she decided to remain ignorant to the world of harry potter. but after seeing the second one, she agrees that it was much better and is willing to go see it again with me. she even agreed to read the books. my mission is nearly complete. lol.

*Originally posted by FotoPlasma *
Just because you really love one does not mean that you necessarilly have to hate the other.

Yeah, no joke…

I was trying to figure out how this whole thing came about…they’re being released about the same time, they are both fantasy…but apart from that they are tooooootaly different. That’s trying to say Blade Runner is better then Star Wars or visa versa…

I just don’t get it…

I don’t intend to see the new Harry Potter. I enjoyed the books but paying over $9 is just a little to much for me. Especially because if you were to by refreshments too it would cost over forty dollars for 2 people.

It is kinda funny cause although Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings r n the same genre they r kinda opposite if u really think about it. Harry Potter was written by a person who doesn’t believe in absolutes (they say it is ok if u do a bad thing 4 the right reason) as opposed 2 LOTR where evil is evil and bad is bad no ??? asked (where there r absolutes). I am not judging anyone but i believe the latter view so that is y i didn’t c Harry Potter.

i went and saw harry potter on saturday. although my boyfriend hated it and thought it was boring…i loved it! :smiley: i have read all of the books…some of them even twice. i think they do an awesome job of staying w/ the book…i can’t wait for the next movie/book to come out!!! :smiley:

I havent seen either of the Harry Potter moves and I dont intend to, but the review from someone who has seen it (who’s identity will be left secret for (his/her) safety):

“Its really boring!!! Man I almost fell asleep a dozen times. Although it was more interesting than the first one…”

ouch. If the 2nd one is boring, the first one must be awful…

*Originally posted by AnimeRaul234 *
**I’m glad some of you have enjoyed it as much as I did :), I was all decked out in a harry potter blanket someone gave to me, so I tied it around me and used it as a cape :wink: **

Yeah that blanet thing, my idea.
i thouroughly enjoyed the ending, although i almost fell asleep somewhere around the end of hour one.

If you want to see a good movie, rent Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Originally posted by Courtneyteam330 *
** Harry Potter was written by a person who doesn’t believe in absolutes (they say it is ok if u do a bad thing 4 the right reason) as opposed 2 LOTR where evil is evil and bad is bad no ??? asked (where there r absolutes).

Please go into this more, for I know nothing that a “good character” in harry potter does to be considered a “bad thing”. And if you say something like wizardry or witchcraft well… there’s a lot of that in LOTR too.

so dj…your source who has seen both of them doesn’t happen to be named kyle gilbert does he? :stuck_out_tongue: